|Job Type:||Full Time|
With over 21,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Services team includes IT architects, consultants, support engineers, sales, and business leaders who serve our customers in 191 countries and 46 languages, providing best-in-class platforms and productivity services. Our Customer Services and Support (CSS) team is on the front lines with our customers - Consumer and Enterprise - helping them get the most from their technology investments.
Do you bleed “Customer Obsession”? Are you passionate about driving a great customer experience into our products? Do you thrive on empowering others to truly achieve their full potential? Do you genuinely lead with sincerity and humility, and drive relentlessly for results and continuous improvement? If you answered yes to these questions than we want to hear from you!
This role requires a highly driven, self-starter, and motivated leader. In this role you will manage a small cross-functional team focused on eliminating customer issues and driving a best in class support experience. You and the team will help drive improvements to the product, service and ecosystem by providing the customer perspective backed up by data, in a well-articulated manner that clearly identifies product, service issues, and the impact of these issues on customer loyalty and satisfaction. You will champion and drive proactive customer centric features into the products and services, with the goal of eliminating and preventing future customer issues. The successful candidate is a dynamic individual with a track record of self-improvement, persistence in driving towards goals in the face of adversity, focus on results, and an ability to draw the best out of people in a genuine way. The person hired for this position must be able to leverage data to develop insights in order to influence the appropriate stakeholders. Technical skills, strong program management skills, and excellent verbal/written communication skills are a must.
- Proactively drive support experience improvement with relevant engineering leadership stakeholders, including influencing product improvements on basis of customer feedback gathered from support channels.
- Lead your team to provide feedback based on case analysis to the engineering product team that feeds into reactive (e.g. bug fixes) as well as proactive/predictive (e.g. auto-healing) product development work to drive reduction in support volumes
- Construct an evidence based business case for significant engineering changes required
- Direct proactive and predictive measures (auto-healing, deflection, self-service automation), as well as reactive measures (bug fixes)
- Partners with internal groups to align voice of customer data into a single set of resolution requests to the product and business groups.
- Automated Support
o Directs the creation of the tools required to deliver an outstanding and consistent service to global customers.
o Creates an environment that fosters innovative approaches to automating customer solutions.
o Evangelizes the use and benefits of automated tools to groups outside of the Support Engineering discipline.
- Business Integration
o Creates methods of relationship building and collaboration to influence local and global strategy for lifetime customer loyalty.
o Leverages expertise and cross-group relationships to collaborate and ensure global adoption of best practices.
- Lead team of senior engineers working on escalations and supportability. This is a highly technical and experienced set of global resources, who are tightly connected to the Product Engineering Group.
- Ensure effective engagement on support cases escalated to the product group, with timely response and mitigation of customer issues.
- Leverage product knowledge and relationships to identify and drive resolution of customer impacting bugs.
- Reduction of escalation rate of support cases, through improved diagnostic capabilities and training/mentoring provided to frontline support.
- Collaborate to improve global organizational readiness by participating in key business planning initiatives and ensures the execution of decisions throughout the organization.
- Influence and guide global training partners to meet the future needs of the organization through a global technical readiness strategy.
Attract, Develop, and Manage Senior Talent
- Build a diverse team with capabilities needed to achieve current and future business objectives. Balance the development of existing employees while bringing in new external and internal talent.
- Create an inclusive work environment where every employee can effectively engage, and wants to be part of the team. Provide ongoing feedback that helps your direct reports improve their performance.
- Leverage resources to help employees develop skills and support their career interests.
- Deliver Results Through Teamwork
- Effectively communicate business strategy and goals and how they align to the team’s work. Plan the team’s work to achieve goals and respond effectively to changing priorities, maintaining team energy and results.
- Hold the team and individuals accountable for results and recognize appropriately.
- Partner and collaborate with other teams on related deliverables, and effectively leverage others in relevant work streams.
- Facilitate an environment of inclusion that leverages diverse perspectives and talent, to better represent and understand our global customers.
Success Measures: Incident Rate and incident volume reduction, strong relationship with engineering and marketing teams, comprehensive and meticulous product release and readiness planning, with high degree of agent enablement for new product releases
- 5+ years of business leadership and management experience with self-motivation and confident working at a senior level
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or experience commensurate with job expectations for this leadership position is required.
- Strong global communication skills, and skills in building organizational partnerships - across a complex stakeholder network in CSS, Engineering and Marketing teams. Ability to navigate and influence in a matrixed organization.
- Technical fluency/acumen
- Demonstrated experience/ability in leading both direct and virtual teams with a broad array of skills to ensure best-in-class customer outcomes.
- Create clarity for teams, translating complex ideas and issues into clear and consumable strategy for technical products
- Demonstrated experience in leading organizations through to success - drafting right strategy, working as necessary with employees at different levels, investing effort in building right stakeholder partnerships, etc.
- Ability to create effective relationships, listen, communicate, influence, be persistent, patient and collaborate cross-team at all organizational levels
- Brings passion and energy to create a vibrant culture of diversity and inclusion within their organization.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.