|Job Type:||Full Time|
As the Global IT market is transformed by the increasing prevalence and importance of cloud services, the consumerization of IT, and the emergence of born-in-cloud competitors, evolving Microsoft’s core go-to-market (GTM) strategy to be cloud-centric is vitally important. Microsoft is making a purposeful break from our old program-centric business model to one that promotes simplicity and market agility with a focus on cloud by democratizing our licensing approach and creating a modern offer-centric model. Our modern GTM strategy will allow us to deliver new and exciting business models, introduce cloud-integrated customer experiences, and simplify how Azure and other Microsoft online services are purchased and consumed.
The Cloud Marketing Business Planning organization is looking for a talented individual to further develop the strategy and business models that help our customers migrate to this new offer-centric model. You will be responsible for transforming a $50B+ selling motion across multiple products, designing an enterprise-wide commitments and benefits strategy that would appeal to the Enterprise customers, as well as drive a variety of other GTM strategies. You will partner broadly across finance, pricing, licensing and support teams to drive these highly complex and impactful initiatives, spanning both on-premise software (Office & server products) and cloud (Azure, Microsoft 365 and Dynamics 365).
In this high visibility role, you will work with multiple teams across Microsoft to build future strategy, assess risk and opportunity, ensure profitability, develop value propositions and internal and external messaging, and own key milestones and deliverables. This is a tremendous opportunity to drive measurable impact on the company’s key licensing and pricing strategy end to end for years to come!
- Defining strategic vision and execution plan for key selling motions evolution, gaining executive buy-in and broad adoption across key stakeholders.
- Leveraging market research, business modeling and financial/data analysis to design and evaluate strategy proposals and make informed decisions.
- Partnering with senior stakeholders across marketing, engineering, sales, finance, legal, operations, and other organizations to solidify strategy, drive transition plans and influence key stakeholders to drive desired business outcomes.
- Collaborating closely with engineering to design in-depth business requirements and negotiate trade-offs to translate the strategy into realistic shippable scenarios and executional milestones.
- Supporting modern commerce strategy, prioritization efforts and transitional plans related to launch of key GTM offers in Modern.
The ideal candidate will be highly self-directed and self-driven strategic thinker, with excellent leadership, influencing and collaboration skills and a track record of delivering exceptional results while working with a diverse set of stakeholders across organizations to deliver complex projects and proactively anticipating and addressing issues.
- Strategic thinking and deeply analytical mindset allowing to learn, understand and connect complex business models quickly.
- Structured approach to problem-solving, solid business judgment and creativity in finding solutions.
- Strong track record of effectively working across diverse stakeholders to define, defend and execute initiatives with passion, precision, and excellence.
- Strong storytelling skills, proven executive presence and ability to influence at senior levels.
- Strong project management skills with detail orientation.
- Experience engaging with engineering stakeholders to gain credibility and partnership quickly.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences and 5+ years of relevant experience required. MBA preferred. Strategy and management consulting experience is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.