|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and it is Azure’s Cloud Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization that is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth. CSCP’s vision is to empower customers to achieve more by delivering Cloud Capacity Differentiated at Scale. Our mission is to deliver capacity for all cloud services predictably through intelligent systems driven by continuous learning and a world class organization. Cloud Manufacturing Operations and Fulfilment (CMOF) organization within CSCP manages manufacturing operations and fulfilment of IT hardware for the data centers worldwide.
We are looking for a Sr. Business Manager who will report to the CMOF General Manager (GM). Are you looking for your next challenge? Are you a high-energy, detail-oriented collaborator with great communication skills and an affinity for a rapidly evolving environment? Do you enjoy executing on multiple tasks, projects and deliverables, driving impact, and achieving high-quality results Cloud Manufacturing Operations and Fulfilment is looking for a Sr. Business Manager to drive business planning across the organization. This position requires extensive cross-group coordination at all levels, strong financial acumen, excellent communication skills, and the ability to build compelling internal/external presentations and comprehensive business review materials.
- Create and manage the rhythm of business (ROB), including all-hands, staff meetings, business reporting, etc. to help the business run smoothly and effectively.
- Drive the end-to-end planning and budget processes and core priority setting.
- Drive evolution of the business through simplification and transforming activities.
- Work across multiple teams to help connect the moving parts in a very dynamic and fluid environment.
- Demonstrate discretion and professionalism when working with leadership team on sensitive business and organizational issues, manage ambiguity, and propose workable solutions to challenging problems.
- Build financial, headcount, and KPI reports with meaningful and insightful commentary and analysis to enable the organization to operate effectively.
- Track performance against budget and forecast and identify potential risks and opportunities through variance and trend analysis.
- Manage organizational health via org programs.
- Manage and drive special projects, as needed.
- 7-10 years of strategy, consulting, or business planning experience in a cloud-based technology business, supply chain or other related field
- BS in Business, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Self-starter with strong financial and analytical skills;
- Proven track record in project and business management;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to translate ideas into clear, high impact communications (e.g. emails, papers);
- Excellent problem structuring, identification, and resolution;
- Strong attention to detail, passion for strategic thinking and problem solving, and ability to deliver rich, business insights to drive business decisions.
- Proven cross-functional project management and leadership skills, leading to positive organizational change;
- Ability to work in a productive, collaborative, and cooperative way with a variety of people;
- Ability to influence across functional teams (e.g. engineering, operations) and at senior leadership/executive levels; and
- Ability to maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.