|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference.The mission of theFlipgridTeam is to empower everyone on the planet to share theirvoiceand respect the diverse voices of others.
TheFlipgridteam has focused on student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of educators that empowers tens of millions of learners, families and organizations across 180 countries. Checkout@flipgridon Twitter!
Based on those efforts, we are broadening beyond education to commercial and consumer experiences to shape social learning through authentic discussion and short-form video at Microsoft and beyond.
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about culture as well as developing features and engaging the communities they serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. Big vision, an inclusive purpose, a passion for quality, curiosity as well as grit, and an investment in fun and collaboration are what lead to great results.
As a Software Engineer Lead, you will be an integral part of our tight-knit group of dedicated problem solvers. The ideal candidate should be able to quickly make an impact on the Platform team and work with the largerFlipgridorganization to deliver an innovative and meaningful learning experience to millions of students and educators.
- Deliver architecturalsolutions foran applicationat scale leveraging public clouds.
- Orchestrate, maintain and deploy services using infrastructure as code and containerized deployments.
- Ability to work withcross-orgstakeholders to delivercriticalservices
- Support organization-wide engineering efforts byplanning anddelivering tools and services to support theFlipgridapplications.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Writecleanand maintainable code that is efficient and reusable.
- Willingness to work on the entire stack from back to front.
- Contributeinall phases of thedevelopmentlifecycle.
- Followbestpractices (continuous integration, TDD, code standards).
- Strong ability to collaborate with front-end clients/consumers.
- A self-motivated and self-directed work ethic.
- A strong working knowledge of building and maintaining REST APIs.
- 10+ years of experience delivering scalable and resilient services atalargescale
- 7+years experiencedesigning secure and scalable serviceson Azure or AWS cloud.
- 7+ year experience developing and maintaining high traffic and scalable public facing applications.
- 7+ years of experience delivering solutions leveraging Relational Databases (PostgreSQL or MySQL).
- 5+ years of Ruby onRails (or equivalent) experience with an emphasis on building, maintaining, and testing large-scale applications.
- Experience building and working in a Continuous Delivery environment.
- Strong workingknowledgeof running applications on Linux.
- Extensive experience guiding a DevOps team in alarge-scaleenvironment.
- Abletoserve multiple roles from planning, design,development.
- Experienceworking with media pipelines (audio and video encoders, codecs and transcoding).
- Strong working knowledge ofDocker and Kubernetes in a production environment.
- Full-stack development experience across multiple platforms.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.