|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
The mission of our team is to make fundamental contributions to advancing the state-of-the-art in object detection, tracking, semantic segmentation, and land-use classification in aerial imaging using deep learning techniques. We conduct research by using public benchmarks as well as proprietary datasets, and apply our findings on real customer’s data to deliver high-value solutions.
We are an extremely agile team and we move very fast from ideas to experimentation, and to product development. If you are passionate about exploring new ideas and product impact at the same time, this job is for you.
- You will work to apply the latest Computer Vision and Machine Learning algorithms to build customer-centric solutions
- When needed, you will modify and advance the state-of-the-art approaches in object detection and tracking, semantic segmentation, and land-use classification to deliver the best possible solutions to our customers
- You will optimize the run-time performance of the latest Computer Vision and Machine Learning algorithms to meet customer’s requirements on various hardware platforms.
- 4+ years’ experience in Deep Learning/Machine Learning
- Good knowledge of deep learning approaches to object detection and segmentation
- Hands-on experience in Machine/Deep Learning using frameworks such as PyTorch and TensorFlow
- Strong python coding background
- Strong cross-discipline collaboration skills
- Great communication, written and verbal
- PhD degree in Machine Learning/Deep Learning or similar areas
- This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Due to contractual limitations and ITAR obligations associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3) is required.
There are plenty of other skills that aren’t required, but you’ll find useful in this role. Let us know if you have experience with:
- Optimizing for GPU (cuda-level coding, C/C++ coding)
- Experience shipping computer visions or machine learning based runtimes
- Experience with computer vision tracking technology
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.