|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The person in this position is responsible for defining, driving, and implementing a cross-product, integrated vision and strategy for how the applications that Microsoft end users need to do their jobs are published, curated, discovered, appropriately authorized & installed, and kept up to date. They will help to envision the end to end experience across multiple application types, drive analysis and alignment across storefront experiences, and improve app management data, intelligence and tooling for a streamlined, compliant, OneMicrosoft app experience – driving personalization, automation and a modern experience across publishing, finding, appropriate licensing and entitlements, and ongoing lifecycle/updates. The measures of success will cover outcomes in service of end users of these apps, app/product owners & publishers, enterprise IT administrators, and security governance.
In this role, you'll lead a virtual team composed of cross-product and IT teams. The team will plan and agilely adopt solutions from proof-of-concept through broad adoption. You'll build and gain insight through business intelligence, user experience studies, and lessons-learned to define the future user experience strategies for the enterprise. We're looking for a self-driven individual who enjoys learning new technologies and can drive the future potential of this technology across our environment. We're passionate about the intersection of user experience and technology, and committed to achieving new levels of user satisfaction and productivity. This position will partner closely with Microsoft engineering groups and have a direct impact on features and capabilities prioritized and delivered for our end users and enterprise customers.
- Manage and improve the application management experience for the enterprise including:
- App publishing, data and curation
- App storefronts, discovery and personalized recommendations
- Integration with licensing data and security compliance requirements
- Ongoing app update and lifecycle processes
- Manage and improve feature sets, intelligence, automation and integration across tools and services that contribute to this end to end experience. (Includes InTune, ProductsWeb, ServiceNow, MyApps and others)
- Provide thought leadership, vision alignment and drives an integrated roadmap and execution plans as a liaison between end user feedback/sentiment, internal IT and Product Group(s) to drive feature sets, prioritization, quality standards and success measures.
- Leverage PowerBI app and web service to define, develop and utilize data driven insights on the user, app owner, and IT Pro process and experience.
- Define and utilize a broad set of integrated data inputs to guide decisions, design and execution across your assigned domain. Drive data strategy, analysis and execution for your area, in collaboration with data science & insight teams, and with other related domain areas to leverage, integrate and align insights and measurement across partner teams and investment areas.
- Manage internal POC / Pilot & pre-release solution versions: Including design, plan, success measures, data/analytics and plans for transition to production.
- Engage with external customers on showcase engagements to educate them on best practices and learnings from Microsoft’s internal processes and experience.
- The successful candidate will partner across a broad set of IT and engineering group stakeholders to define the vision and strategy for the Microsoft enterprise to enable the aspirational experience for users and IT professionals.
- Use a data-driven approach and data analysis to gain insights into solution effectiveness and user experiences, identify opportunities to improve the products and services, and measure the effectiveness of these improvements.
- Define, plan and manage internal implementation of client solutions, to continuously improve the user and IT pro experiences.
- Continuously refine the vision and strategy based on lessons learned, evolving industry trends, new technologies, and new Microsoft product offerings.
- Articulate the vision, strategy, and adoption status with leaders across Microsoft to gain support and commitment to invest in bringing the strategy to life.
- Build and foster strong relationships and deliver across a broad set of dependencies inside and outside of IT and Microsoft.
- Conduct competitive analysis and proactively research evolving technology trends and investigate and seek out new opportunities to advance the vision and strategy.
- Contribute to Showcase materials and customer engagements to drive adoption of Microsoft products.
- 5+ years in a program management or equivalent technical program leadership role
- Strong program management and business acumen combined with a sound technical foundation.
- Experienced in leading and conducting complex data analysis to inform decisions.
- Ability to think strategically to envision future enterprise technology needs.
- Collaborative style that can drive impact through influence in a virtual team environment.
- Ability to drive large, complex programs and solutions
Preferred, not required:
- Experience with modern engineering program management methods & practices; DevOps, Agile, Scaled Agile, etc. Role based certifications (Product Owner, Product Manager, ScrumMaster, etc) preferred.
- Relevant domain technical experience: Application lifecycle management, application management process & tools.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.