|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come and join the Microsoft Edge Data Science team where we thrive on data to solve high impact business problems! We enable data driven decisions by converting data into insights that enhance customer experiences and improve business performance.
We partner closely with Engineering, Marketing, and Finance teams to answer key questions related to product adoption, engagement, satisfaction and monetization. Our work requires regular collaboration with our partner teams as well as technical expertise to mine big datasets and discover key insights.
To support this mission, we are looking for Data Analysts who have a passion for analyzing big data to uncover customer usage insights and driving those insights into actions with our partner teams.
The ideal candidate should be self-directed, passionate about data, and focused on delivering the right results. The candidate should be able to understand product strategy and business goals and apply a breadth of tools, data sources and analytical techniques to answer a wide range of high-impact business questions and present the insights in a concise and effective manner. Experience partnering with data scientists to design & develop business metrics and build out data infrastructure for those in partnership with data engineering teams is a big plus. Technical aptitude and programming skills are necessary in this role. The candidate should also be an effective communicator capable of independently driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Build a holistic understanding of our product features, its customer, data infrastructure, product and business goals
- Analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources using a variety of tools and data analysis techniques
- Develop analytical data sets in Azure or internal Big Data Environments which can be used to for analytics and data science
- Understand business performance (trends, funnels) as well as answer product and business questions to drive product and marketing actions
- Build and maintain learning plans for the product(s) with key analytical questions
- Leverage industry best practices in establishing repeatable BI practices, principles & processes
- Partner with Data Scientists to develop deep insights into product performance and communicate those to both technical & non-technical audiences.
- Unique mix of technical, development, project and program management skills
- Ability to understand, translate and map business and product questions into analysis projects
- Expertise in database technology with solid understanding and hands-on skills with SQL Server, SSIS, solid understanding of SSAS / n-dimensional cubes
- Experience building large scale data sets in Azure, AWS, Hadoop or similar big data environments
- Proficiency in advanced Excel functions (e.g., creating formulas, pivot tables) and PowerBI
- Ability to influence diverse audiences and build strong partnerships with stakeholders
- Strong ability to articulate vision, requirements & benefits, providing a solid rationale to business and technical partners
- Self-motivated, agile and driven to think out-of-the-box
- 5+ years relevant experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.