|Job Type:||Full Time|
Welcome to CSS - Customer Service & Support
In Customer Service and Support, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness. Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
- Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
CSS Showcase is a team of dynamic individuals passionate about shaping the customer support experience. Our knowledge and understanding of the customer-advocate environment is our greatest strength. We work to identify key opportunities aiming to close the gap between what customer support is now, and what customer support can be in the future. We are both disrupters and advocates for our customers, products, tools, and processes while influencing and creating impactful changes.
The depth of expertise represented in Showcase spans five lines of businesses: Surface, Accounts and Billing, Xbox, Office, and Windows. Between these lines of businesses, we help Microsoft support transform in ways that matter most to our customers, delivery partners, and peers. Our comprehensive approach towards this transformation is achieved through three pillars: immersion, incubation, and innovation.
Support Engineers (SE) serve as technical resources for Microsoft’s customers and partners via phone, email and web. They deliver unique value by collaboratively and reactively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers.
You will be part of a team responsible for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our consumer and commercial customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience over the phone and Web. When needed, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter experts, Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. Your day to day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
The impact you will have:
- Represent Microsoft and communicate with consumer customers via telephone, written correspondence, electronic service and in person regarding finding solutions for technically complex problems identified in Microsoft software products, by providing frontline triage meetings and support.
- Solve highly complex problems, involving broad, in-depth product knowledge or in-depth product specialty; may include support of additional product line. Frequently, these problems will not only be technically complex, but will be politically charged situations requiring the highest level of customer skill. This is handled through escalations from our frontline partners.
- Be responsible for efficiently managing the relationship with these customers and thoroughly documenting their cases.
- Collaborate on cross-team and cross-product technical issues by working with resources from other groups as needed to resolve customer issues. Constant collaboration with Support Engineers at different levels and technology area. Report software bugs and customer suggestion to the product group to help improve our tools and processes.
- Contribute to improvement the overall support experience for any technical support professional solving for Microsoft issues in the world (advocates) by writing and updating technical documentation for our WW Services knowledge base.
- Scope a customer’s issue by collecting the relevant facts and investigate the problem by doing your own research and by involving other teams as needed.
- Consult and collaborate with your immediate peers or colleagues around the world and with management and engineering to resolve service issues.
- Act internally as a customer advocate.
- Empower customers to find information, self-solve when they decide to, and learn more about Microsoft products, services and support.
- Advise customers on how to gain additional value from their Microsoft products.
- Document your technical work and research to help your colleagues, improve the product, and improve the support experience.
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer empathy, identifying customer satisfaction concerns and managing customer expectations.
- Customer Obsession: you demonstrate a strong focus on high quality Customer Service and you are driven by problem-solving and customer satisfaction.
- Learner Mindset: You demonstrate a growth mindset and strongly believe that knowledge can be developed with effort and persistence. You spontaneously andproactivelyy share your learning with others.
Effective Communication: you are comfortable in communicating and presenting to any type of consumer and customer, external partners and to internal coworkers, up to Executive level. You are capable of clear, concise, written and spoken communication. You are able to ask the questions that will drive you to the best solutions, as well as identifying additional needs.
Accountability: you spontaneously collaborate with others to proactivelyy and reactively solve problems, related to the customers’ issue or to internal improvement projects. you are driven by problem-solving as well as customer satisfaction.
Resourceful: you leverage your own knowledge and you are comfortable searching for the answer when you don’t have it. You can collect and analyse data before jumping into solutions, using both excellence in executing existing processes as well as applying critical and innovative thinking.
Empathetic: you use empathy to listen and communicate with customers and are able to put the customers’ need first even in situation of stress. You are a peace maker in situation of urgent need for help. You also anticipate additional customers’s needs and can think about additional services you can provide to create the ultimate customer satisfaction, leading to Microsoft fans.
- 1+ year experience in trouble shooting working for any IT retailers and/or within any tech support role, ideally around Microsoft technologies. “For example, Answer Desk Microsoft Store Support or any other comparable supportonlinee or in person.”
- 1+ year training experience: Do you have experience explaining or teaching Microsoft products, acquired either over your IT education, mentoring others or demoing to customers.
- Experience in a customer facing or customer support role with troubleshooting and problem-solving experience in a team environment
- Knowledge of HTML, HTTP protocol and CSS.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, an ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems, determine root cause and develop solutions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.