|Job Type:||Full Time|
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design and implementation of Microsoft’s end-to-end customer experience strategy. This newly established organization reflects Microsoft’s ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customers’ expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, but also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to customer success.
As the Communications Director for the Connected Customer Experience Business Strategy you will be responsible for developing the comprehensive internal communications plan for Microsoft’s Connected Customer Experience strategy. This will include developing key messages, stakeholder engagement, influencer communications and executive engagement, incorporating all communication mediums and channels including written communications, video, and presentations.
As part of the Business Strategy & Programs team within CE&S, you will report to the marketing and communications director and work with leaders and communications professionals across the CE&S organization and beyond. We are an agile, collaborative team looking for candidates who have a passion for inspiring, informing and engaging people through marketing and communications. We are continuously looking for new and effective channels to communicate our Connected Customer Experience strategy around the world – so bring your creativity and ideas! You must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, have strong planning skills and commitment to excellence.
- Build and manage Connected Customer Experience communication plan aligned to the Microsoft strategy including consistent, predictable processes and rhythms
- Develop messaging framework to ensure alignment across distributed communication channels and create clarity around the intersection of initiatives and programs
- Work across the organization to gather data and content
- Create content that highlights the progress and impact of the strategy in a way that engages the targeted audience
- Coordinate messaging and communications across multiple organizations through proactive planning collaboration
- Incorporate feedback mechanisms to ensure messages are landing and refine communication strategy as necessary
- 7+ years experience in senior communications roles
- Strong written communication skills able to understand complex business strategy and technology, and be able to translate this into understandable yet creative narratives
- Experience in internal communications for C-level executives
- Must have exceptional messaging and positioning skills
- Strong cross-group coordination across all levels
- Resourceful at finding the right stakeholders and driving stakeholder workstreams
- Ability to build compelling speeches, videos, emails, and other communications
- Flexible, and capable of dealing with ambiguity, adversity, change, and real-time adjustments to projects and plans
- Ability to work effectively and gain respect of diverse groups, including executives, other executive staff, content and business owners
- Must be a creative thinker who can develop impactful and memorable communications for a variety of audiences and topics
- Impact and influence, excelling at cross-group collaboration
- Must have ability to understand complex business and technology strategies translating this to compelling messaging delivered across various communication types
- Has exceptional attention to detail and ensures accuracy in all communications deliverables
- Can project manage multiple communication projects simultaneously and drive strong workback plans and milestones
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.