|Job Type:||Full Time|
Autism Hiring Program
The goal of the Autism Hiring Program is to build an inclusive hiring approach that recognizes and embraces the strengths of autistic candidates. Autism is a neurological variation diagnosed based on observation by a diagnostician or team of diagnosticians, such as neuropsychologists, psychologists, psychiatrists, or licensed clinical social workers. We are currently recruiting for Software engineers.
Software engineers dive deep into code and work with fellow programming experts to solve problems and build powerful new tools. You are required to think about the customer to ensure stellar product quality, and you provide technical guidance to PMs as they communicate user needs and product requirements. As a software engineer, you are dedicated to producing the world’s most advanced software.
- A bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate degree in engineering, computer science or related field is preferred
- A year or two of experience programming in C++, Java or other computer programming languages preferred
- A year or two of experience in C/C++/C#/VB.NET and experience designing and developing tool architecture preferred
- Strong technical prowess, including understanding of algorithms, systems architecture and end-user experience
- Ability to think unconventionally to derive creative and innovative solutions.
Expertise in feature definition, design and feasibility
- Demonstrated skill in estimating development time
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.