|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? The Surface Team focuses on building devices that fully express the Windows vision. A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want and elicit their excitement. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation and Surface needs you!
The Surface development team is seeking a talented software engineer to work on our future LTE/5G products. You will be responsible for implementing and debugging software and firmware involving multiple types of wireless network connectivity. This role requires strong architecture, coding, troubleshooting, and debugging skills across software and hardware. You will be a critical member of a team that includes firmware, electrical, software, design validation and mechanical engineers; together, you will bring Surface to life. In addition, you will be responsible for optimizing core aspects of the device that are critical to product design. You will provide leadership and technical guidance across the team, and you need to be a team player who works well in a collaborative environment with peers in Quality and Program Management.
- A BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in software or hardware development related fields.
- A track record of shipping LTE modem products through at least two development cycles.
- Experience in the design, implementation, debugging and testing LTE/5G UE software and firmware.
- Experience with Qualcomm modem firmware, carrier/RFFE customization, build processes, and debugging.
- Experience with Qualcomm modem development tools: QPST/QRCT/QDRT.
- Experience with cellular testing equipment such as Keysight, R&S, Litepoint, or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of LTE, FR1 (Sub6), and FR2 (mmWave) RFFE architecture and SW/FW development.
- Working knowledge of 5G network SA/NSA signaling and protocols.
- Working knowledge of major international carrier requirements and certifications.
- Familiarity with debugging common firmware, kernel, bootloader, and plumbing layer interaction issues
- Experience writing and debugging C/C++ code.
- Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven
- High tolerance to ambiguity and ability make progress in the face of it
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions (PM, Test, Hardware and Firmware Engineers, etc.)
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.
- Experience in factory configuration/provisioning for LTE/5G cellular UE hardware.
- Experience in cellular carrier compliance requirements and testing.
- Ability to use the kernel debugger to quickly identify and resolve issues spanning multiple subsystems.
- Ability to use hardware debugging tools such as logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, JTAG, Flash emulators, ICE, etc.
- Knowledge of Windows device drivers and power management mechanisms.Knowledge of PCIe and/or USB bus architectures.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.