|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about applying software engineering to solve real world problems and creating experiences that delight customers? Do you want to see your work make an impact in Microsoft Experience Centers around the world? Together we will help the Experience Centers operate more effectively while simultaneously delighting everyone who visits.
Consumer Sales and Marketing Engineering is the primary engineering partner for the Microsoft Experience Centers supporting Consumer and Enterprise business sales. We're the engineering team that builds the technologies that enables our Experience Centers to be the public face of Microsoft, where every individual, community, and business can directly experience all that's possible with Microsoft.
We have an opening for a senior software engineer that will work on new technologies to bring our Experience Centers to life. We want our Experience Centers to be interactive and are looking for someone to help us light up new and exciting capabilities. We are looking for someone that not only can write the code, but to also come up with creative ideas to really captivate and delight our customers.
- Work collaboratively with a team of diverse and talented peers and foster an environment where group success outweighs individual success.
- Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue investigations with the feature teams and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals.
- Come up with creative solutions to track humans in spaces and develop innovative interaction models to create compelling user experiences.
- Execute in an agile model where you do up-front sprint planning, participate in scrums, and maintain a good glide path towards completion.
- Own accurate costing for your engineering activities and execute with high accountability to schedule and quality.
- Contribute to the development of the test infrastructure for our features.
- Maintain an unwavering focus on our customers and the value you can deliver to them.
Knowledge, experience, and skills:
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing software.
- A BS, MSc, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
Describe the ideal candidate
- Outstanding technical problem solving and debugging capability.
- Excellent programming skills in C++ or C#.
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating solutions leveraging Azure.
- Experience in algorithm design with a background in mathematics or statistics.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Any background or experience with computer vision, image processing, or machine learning is a plus.
The ideal candidate could come from a variety of backgrounds. People that have used OpenCV for image processing or computer vision applications with success or maybe having worked with skeletal tracking systems or depth cameras. You don’t have to fit all these requirements but if you have knowledge in one of them, you should come have a chat with us.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.