|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
We are looking for talented engineers to join our hardware product design team! Please note we only have internship opportunities during Summer 2021.
The Hardware Product Design Intern will own and lead projects from end-to-end. You will work closely with the Hardware team to study, design, build and test new IoT products.
In this role, you will:
- Work in a team environment with cross functional team members, such as EE, NPI, QA, PM and oversea vendors.
- Use 3D CAD to create and modify product architecture, parts and assemblies.
- Develop 2D drawings for parts and cables.
- Review Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA), perform statistical tolerance analysis, functional dimensioning and geometric tolerancing.
- Work alongside engineers to develop and implement test plans to validate design or reliability of the designs. Use statistical tools and techniques to draw conclusions.
- Build prototypes using 3D printing, machining, and other rapid prototyping techniques
An ideal candidate is:
- Pursuing a BS, MS or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or similar degree.
- Has experience using 3D modeling software and creating 2D dimensional drawings.
- Passionate about good design and building.
- Good written and verbal communication to present design or test results.
- Ability to juggle multiple requests/tests
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.