Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Discover Financial Services is seeking a bright, driven, and talented individual to join a team of passionate and innovative technologists.
We’re looking for a well-rounded Lead DevOps Engineer who’s not afraid to roll their sleeves up. We use some exciting tools and technologies – ideally you’ll know some, but we want you to be excited about what we’re doing. This position offers opportunity to design & develop public cloud platform services. You will work with the next generation tools and technologies and drive quality from the start with strong emphasis on Automation, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery. Lead the analysis and recommendation of new features across digital platforms.
- Design cloud platform solution architecture for complex solutions in collaboration with Product Owners and Managers to evolve AWS strategies.
- Designs and develops data ingestion frameworks, real-time processing solutions, data processing/transformation frameworks, platform & product monitoring & alerting leveraging open-source tools and AWS cloud native services.
- Design and develop Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform and Ansible technologies for building CICD pipeline for platform automation.
- Design and develop Ansible Tower full-stack templates for the provisioning and configuration of various application components.
- Research OS/software dependencies in building of the automated procedure, work with Nexus team to make the required components available as well as test the end-to-end procedure in development, state and eventually deploy in production environment thru the CICD pipeline.
- Drives continual improvement of the cloud platform products and capabilities through internal user groups and external market research.
- Provides engineering leadership to create and enhance data solutions enabling seamless integration and flow of data across the data ecosystem.
- Implement Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, Chef, CloudFormation, Puppet, Ansible)
- Provide support for deployed data applications by being a trusted advisor to Data Scientists and other data consumers by identifying data problems and guiding issue resolution with partner Data Engineers and source data providers.
- Ensure proper data governance policies are followed by implementing or validating Data Lineage, Quality checks, classification, etc.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams such as AWS cloud & platform engineering, App Dev, Data Ops, DBAs and business teams.
- Develop and lead an agile team focused on next generation data and analytic technologies.
- Provides technical consulting in support of the creation and enhancement of analytical platforms and tools.
- Provides technical consulting to application development teams during application design and development for highly complex and critical data projects.
- Partner on a team to deliver data projects including migration to new data technologies for unstructured, streaming, and high volume data.
- Develops and deploys big data applications.
- Build and administer large scale data platforms. Integrates next-generation data analytic tools into the big data ecosystem.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in data platform administration, engineering, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in data platform administration, engineering, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) services
- SAFe (Scale Agile Framework) - understands Agile and SAFe principles and Product Owner responsibilities
- Programming in Python, Java, Terraform, Ansible and Linux (command line and shell scripting)
- Familiarity with Jenkins, GitHub, ServiceNow/BMC Remedy
- Good understanding of relational database management systems and SQL
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.