|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to work on the cutting-edge of simulation, deep learning and reinforcement learning? Does building artificial intelligence for autonomous systems such as self-flying drones or self-driving cars excite you? If so, we have an amazing and rare opportunity for you to join our Autonomous Systems team as an AI Engineer!
Within the Business AI group at Microsoft, we’re a rapidly growing team focused on autonomous systems. Our primary focus is on accelerating business transformations with a tailored AI platform and solutions that enable other companies a more unique way to unlock tremendous value in their businesses. Although AI toolchains exist today, they are currently only truly accessible to AI “experts” – a small subset of the population – leaving little opportunity for most companies to benefit from this technology. In reality, a deeper infiltration of this technology and its impact requires that its applications be more widely accessible to domain experts and others in related fields. To achieve this goal, we are working on creating a simplified toolchain that brings together the areas of reinforcement learning, traditional artificial intelligence approaches and simulation, and expanding its reach within various domains including: smart devices, transportation and industrial control.
We seek a Software Engineer who can help us shape what the world of artificial intelligence-enabled autonomous systems could look like in the next few years. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to shape the framework, end-to-end architecture and engineering processes while directly contributing to the actual code being written. We welcome applications from people of many background and look forward to reviewing yours soon!
- As a member of Business AI engineering group, you will have your fingerprints on the architecture of the entire system. You will be indirectly co-owning the end-end architecture, how the system is put together, frameworks, tools, and processes.
- In particular, you will be helping in developing perception & localization solutions for autonomous systems.
- Figuring out what we can leverage from others and how to work with them to meet our needs. Deciding what we build uniquely with a view to having those things be a platform for others.
- Representing us and our requirements to technical leaders and area owners in the division.
- Keeping us connected to and informed about discussions and initiatives happening in academic research, industry and also within the company
- Enhancing the capability and capacity of the engineering team.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Hands-on experience in deep-learning, computer vision, or related area
- Experience in coding using C#, C++, and/or Python in a production environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.