|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who are we?
We arethe Intelligent Conversation, Communication and Collaboration(IC3)Team. We powerreliable, high quality SMS, Chat, PSTN, video calling and meeting services acrossMicrosoftproducts. Our service platform is well architected, globally distributed, highly scalable and built for the Cloud. The World continues to scale towards remote work, learn and play. Come find your purpose with us to connect the World. We are grounded in our mission to enable all organizations and customers to achieve more in work and life. Our Team is growing fast and learning fast to enable the next generation of communication experiences. We need strong candidates like you across all walks of life and experiences. Don't come just to join a great team. Come with the mindset to make a great team exceptional and we can be the career home you are looking for.
The Principal Program Manager role will lead the cross-team effort for driving improvements and innovations in ourIntelligent CommunicationsAPIs and Developer Experience. This includes gathering and prioritizing requirements from customers, marketing, and partner teams. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Program Manager who loves solving complex technical and business problems and working collaboratively across a global organization. This position will require an in-depth and hands on approach to problem solving. You should have a minimum of 7 years of experience in software/service product development/management and driving agile product development. You should be comfortable mining data and telemetry and use data to support prioritization and decision making. You should be comfortable interacting with our customers to collect requirements as well as providing deployment guidance. Since teamwork is critical to our success, you should have great communication and team work skills and can work in a high-performance team with minimal supervision. Familiarity with networking and real-time communications protocols is a plus but not required.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with passion for cloud-scale services
- Experience with customer-driven engineering, unpacking customer/developer needs, and designing APIs to meet customer/developer needs
- Experience with Software as a Service business models
- Ability to develop product strategy and roadmap, and drive project execution
- Excellent technical and functional design skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated success building strong relationships and delivering results in cross-group projects
- Adept at navigating ambiguous problem-spaces and leading your team to successful product launches
- Expertise and passion working with data
- 7+ years of experience in program management or product development in software companies
- Bachelor and/or graduate degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related field
- Experience in the entire software product development cycle
- MBA,Masters in engineering or related field, or equivalent experiencepreferred
- Familiarity with building applications and services in the Cloud would be very helpful. KnowingMicrosoftAzure stackis helpful, but not required.
- Customer obsessed mindset– youlead with deep customer empathy, definecore customer valuefirst and driving product vision across multiple divisions/organizations
- Ability todefine customer scenarios and technicalrequirements, including driving implementation thereof
- Lead with dataand measurable impact
- Adept at working in ambiguous problem spaces and building business / financial models to articulate customer value
- Cloud and services experience, with Azure cloud experience highly desirable
- Passion for building highly scalable, highly reliable services
- Experience with or exposure to Agile and iterative development processes
- Growth Mindset with a desire to learn, a tendency to embrace challenges, persist in the face of setback, see failures as essential to mastery, learn from criticism and find lessons and inspiration in the success of others
- Help to create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our best work as a result
- Confident and articulate in expressing ideas to a mixed audience with varying views and challenges
- A sense of personal ownership and accountability is required, together with the ability to deliver to deadlines while managing internal stakeholder expectations
- Self-motivated with a strong drive for reaching across teams and organizations to make progress collaboratively
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.