|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in working for one of the most impactful and emerging areas in Microsoft, and passionate in advancing Microsoft’s Cloud Solutions strategy? Are you interested in a technology start-up like environment, working with highly energetic team, and passionate about working on latest technologies (Azure, Power Platform, Teams, Data & AI etc). to solve critical business problems? Do you want to be part of the journey to build world-class Customer Success Apps & Engineering team for one of largest corporates in the world ? If so, then look no further than the Customer Success Apps & Engineering Team!
Customer Experience & Success organization drives business usage of our multi-cloud strategy and help customers realize business value for their investments, by supporting the Customer Success field teams with programmatic and scalable assets. Customer Success Apps & Engineering is responsible for driving and building Apps and Engineering solutions to enable Customer Success roles across the company. Customer Success Apps & Engineering is looking for strong Principal Software Engineer who has proven track record of driving architecture, technical design and hands-on experience of delivering enterprise grade technology solutions.
We are looking for a strong Principal Software Engineer who has deep understanding of Microsoft technology stack and cloud solutions to drive engineering solutions. In this role, you will be responsible for architecture and design of CS Apps & Engineering platform and solutions, and deliver state-of-the-art experiences for our users. We are highly energetic team with tons of opportunities with direct impact to our customers and Microsoft. We are proud of our diverse culture, and our developers are empowered to innovate. If you have an eye for building impactful apps & solutions in agile environment, this is a great opportunity for you to have an impact on Microsoft’s mission to enable our customers achieve digital transformation through successful adoption of Microsoft Cloud solutions.
- Engineering – Responsible for architecture, design and implementation of the platform, applications and solutions
- Drive – Passion to turn vision into detailed plans and execute against complex plans. Proven track record in shipping successful products
- Collaborate – Partner with Microsoft product teams and CSEO to manage dependencies, jointly deliver updates, and continuously improve our engineering capabilities
- Communications & planning – Clearly communicate roadmap, backlog, and team updates across the organization
- Culture – Contribute to a team culture that embraces diversity and inclusion and makes your team awesome place to work
- Leadership – Be a role model for technical excellence and customer empathy. Model, Coach and Care other members on the team.
- 10+ years of experience as a full-stack software engineer/engineering manager building commercial software products & services
- 5+ years of experience driving and managing technical and architectural dependencies
- 5+ years of experience in leadership roles managing software engineers with excellent coaching skills
- 8+ years of experience designing end user applications that are built using modern web-based technologies
- 5+ years of experience in cloud development principles and patterns, particularly using Azure, micro-services architecture, Power Apps, Team Integrations and dev-ops model
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience working in agile teams or startup environments with a strong customer focus
- Business acumen and customer focus to understand customer scenarios and translate them as product/solution requirements
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Software Engineers, Program Managers, and Data Scientists
- Demonstrated leadership competencies such as creating clarity in an ambiguous environment, generating energy and delivering success
- Experience with software development tools such as source control systems (GIT), automated build systems (CICD),software validation systems, project tracking, and lifecycle management systems
- Development experience with cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, AWS.
- Ability to be influential and impactful in cross-group and matrixed team environments
- Ability to drive culture change in an organization, and grow people
- Practical experience building analytic applications leveraging data science models and applied AI is plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.