|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Modern Life, Search & Devices team is seeking a Sr. Integrated Marketing Communications Manager to be one of the campaign and activation leads on the Surface Integrated Marketing team. This role will be focused on bringing to life marketing programs for Surface Duo and future dual-screen devices, as well as support across the whole Surface portfolio, with a special emphasis on new channels, Telco and app partnerships, and marketing innovation through the entire funnel. One of the goals is to evolve our marketing beyond product launches (especially as the Surface portfolio has expanded so broadly), so one of the key focus areas for this role will be building sustain programs and activations that are novel to the business and outside our normal GTM spring & fall launch motions, especially relevant for Duo. We’re looking to expand the reach and relevancy of Surface by establishing a broader portfolio of strategic marketing partners, a more robust evergreen content and storytelling discipline, tighter collaboration across O&O channels and media, and innovative Gen-Z/millennial digital-forward strategies.
This role would work closely with product marketing, our channel leads, partner companies, brand and PR teams, retail teams, our internal creative studio, and external creative agencies to help develop and produce integrated marketing activations, campaigns, and opportunistic programs for Surface Duo and the Surface brand at-large. The role requires strong collaboration, creative, project management and communication skills, as well as experience leading creative development and production (video/digital/etc.) on consumer products. Must have experience understanding business needs and gleaning information from product and consumer insights, building relationships with strategic partners, launching in new channels and categories, and developing assets and plans that fulfill the needs of the business both strategically and creatively.
This will be an entrepreneurial role with a need for both strategic and creative expertise. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can get things done in ambiguous environments, detail-oriented and able to successfully navigate matrixed organizations (both internally and externally), and have both creative and business acumen to interface with a range of stakeholders. Background in driving consumer campaigns or marketing assets for Fortune 500 brands a major plus. Must work equally well at the strategic and tactical levels, and be a collaborative team-player looking to take the ball and run with it. We are looking for a "doer" who can thrive and grow the role and team. The successful candidate also must demonstrate the ability to work under tight deadlines, show thoughtfulness in campaign development, and resourcefulness in gathering requirements, input, and feedback.
- Develop integrated marketing programs and activations (from ideation to content creation to execution) for Surface Duo and future Surface products, with a focus on new channels/partners, new categories, and digital-forward strategies and tactics.
- Oversee content and asset development and production/execution of activation components – in collaboration with numerous internal and external partners (agencies, brand teams, 3rd parties, etc.).
- General project and program management, including the management of vendor relationships, budgets, forecasting, calendars and schedules, asset creation and distribution, retail and print timelines, and more.
- Build and grow new partner relationships, while nurturing existing relationships to generate new opportunities and new business.
- Evangelize Telco and app partnership programs internally to all key stakeholders within Microsoft. This includes executives, field/regional partners, engineering teams, product marketing, etc.
- Partner and input into the GTM plans and the Surface / MLS&D campaign marketing roadmap, in collaboration with numerous key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Partnership with Global Product Marketing and other Surface / MLS&D campaign leads on core business objectives and outcomes, and translating those needs to the necessary teams.
- Partnership with regional marketing and marcom leads to ensure successful implementation and execution of programs in key markets around the world.
- 5+ years of marketing or consumer marketing experience is required.
- Working client or agency side on Fortune 500 brands (in integrated marketing, campaigns, asset production, or program management) is preferred.
Project and program management experience is required.
- B.A or B.S. degree preferred; MBA desired.
- Team player with a positive attitude and great work ethic.
- Exceptional organizational, planning, and project/program management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience and passion for building integrated cross-channel creative plans and assets, ranging from video, to digital, to product photography, to retail and print, to events, to guerilla tactics, and other consumer marketing components.
- Possess the ability to take initiative and drive projects with minimal supervision.
- Able to effectively manage complex v-teams across functions.
- The ability to creatively resolve issues, understanding business constraints of resources, budgets, and timelines, while remaining adaptable and flexible.
- Understanding of Microsoft products and organization.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and vendors at all levels to meet business goals.
- Ability to proactively identify and act on new business opportunities.
- Proven ability to adapt to change and work through ambiguity.
- Strong understanding of consumer brands and modern consumer marketing landscape.
- Must be flexible and solution-oriented with excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be nimble enough to negotiate with multiple stakeholders, be able to defend work, and also know when to accept direction.
- Willingness to roll up his/her sleeves to get the work done or go the extra mile.
- Problem solver and quick learner.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.