|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations and Innovations (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform. Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers, managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
Within Microsoft’s Cloud Operations and Innovations (CO+I) our Global Datacenter Operations (GDCO) group delivers trustworthy and reliable cloud services through safe, flawless, and efficient operation of our global datacenters that power our cloud services.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+Ias part of our global datacenter operations.
As part of the Americas Datacenter Operations team, the Director of Data Center Operations Strategy will provide leadership and direction in establishing a DC Ops strategy that will support our current and future growth. In this role you will work collaboratively with all CO+I stakeholders to establish a strategic vision for the organization and a governance methodology from conception to completion driving excellence in service through industry best practices for the following key initiatives:
- Create a strategic vision and implementation plan for regional data center operations that will position the organization for future capacity and growth
- Collaborate with our EG partners to drive consistency across our service portfolio
- Work with all field operations horizonal and vertical leaders to streamline our operations to ensure flawless service delivery to our customers
- Formalize a workforce optimization program that will improve our service delivery capabilities
- Establish data analytics to evaluate the process change efficiency and effectiveness
- Drive service delivery excellence through benchmarking across industry best practices
- Foster an understanding of the various stakeholders, their interests and needs to ensure the teams can sustain and embrace the changes through clear communications, engagement, and appropriate governance throughout the implementation of the various operational excellence programs
Skills & Capabilities that are critical to success include:
- Exceptional ability to collaborate, openly communicate, present, and negotiate effectively across groups of various levels and disciplines, such as government entities, senior company leaders, engineers, suppliers, partners, technicians, customers, etc.
- Experience in leading, directly managing, and influencing a diverse organization of full-time employees, across multiple disciplines and platforms
- Demonstrated experience delivering results with ambiguous and changing business requirements, with strong ability to work independently in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
Required Skills and Experience:
- 8-12+ years of business experience, including leadership roles
- 10+ years' experience in data center-related functions for large enterprise organizations
- Must have prior experience in creating road maps for data center efficiencies and proven experience in delivering to road map capabilities
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Experience or good understanding of multi-state, multi-country, or federal-level labor laws and employment conditions & requirements
- Awareness of IT Service Operations fundamentals and principles. (ITIL, MOF, OLA/SLA, CSI, etc.)
- Previous experience with MS Cloud Services and Platforms (e.g. Windows Azure, Office 365, etc.)
- Project or program management experience and certification(s) (e.g. Six Sigma, Kaizen, PMI, etc.)
- 3-5 years' Experience with reporting and data analysis systems & platforms (e.g. PowerBI)
- Practical knowledge of ITIL concepts and terminology – with focus on Change, Incident, Problem, and Service Delivery Management functions
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.