|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come join the team that has set the global standard for excellence and innovation for compliant deals! Our Commercial Solutions Execution Team (“CSET”) sits within Worldwide Commercial Finance and owns the foundational sales deal execution (“SDE”) strategy, as well as policy and compliance infrastructure for Microsoft. A new, unique, and highly-empowered team will provide broad opportunities to improve compliance outcomes across the company’s Commercial Licensing business and channel partner ecosystem. We are seeking a collaborative team members to support the establishment of the new, global Partner Ecosystem Risk & Compliance (“PERC”) Function within CSET to focus, strengthen, and expand Microsoft’s deal approach to ensure we are minimizing risk and establishing compliant processes as we evolve our sales strategy and capabilities.
- Be a key driver on a team which will devise, own, and evangelize and effectively navigate a highly matrixed organization to deliver the future-state vision of Microsoft’s third-party risk management strategies.
- Orchestrate and coordinate across various Microsoft channel partner compliance functions and supporting teams (e.g., legal, finance, operations, sales, strategy etc.) to deliver a more cohesive, clear, and actionable compliance message to channel partners.
- Consider Microsoft’s end-to-end channel partner lifecycle and known gaps to develop policies, standards, and (re)design processes and help various compliance functions execute in a more streamlined, standardized, and effective manner.
- Actively participate in compliance initiative execution to learn about the current state and associated pain points, and propose thoughtful – wholesale and specific – people, process, and tooling design improvements aligned to the future-state vision.
- Leverage existing functions to develop monitoring capabilities, establish trends, uncover insights, and utilize data to track compliance within Microsoft and across its partner ecosystem
- Serve as a trusted advisor, providing compliance counsel and ongoing risk education to Microsoft’s front-line business functions
- Work with Microsoft’s partner compliance teams to help sequence and prioritize various, competing, yet important, partner compliance initiatives for maximum impact and minimum disruption/churn.
- Support channel partner change management efforts to secure buy-in and ensure critical compliance initiatives and messages land successfully the first time.
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience delivering innovative solutions in risk management, compliance, regulatory, or other governance and controls-related roles in a large organization
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, or related field (required). Master’s degree (MBA) a plus.
- Industry qualification related to internal controls (CISA, CIPM, CFA), audit, project/program management, or change management experience (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence multiple stakeholders (, Legal, Finance, Operations, and Licensing)
- Ability to influence without authority at level and above
- Depth of understanding related to partner lifecycle, either legal requirements or process related
- Can look beyond the obvious to come up with proposals that will lead to increased impact, new insights, and higher-value propositions
- Familiarity with of Microsoft licensing programs, sales motions and/or licensing operations a bonus
- Knowledge of Microsoft partner business models and partner programs a bonus
- An entrepreneurial, and independent change agent who knows when to ask for help and engage their co-workers and network
- Ability to take ambiguity and create clarity
- Can craft a vision of the to-be state from scant details
- Can seamlessly transition between hands-on execution and big-picture visioning
- Ability to simplify the complex for different audiences
- Ability to lead brainstorming discussions and workshops
- Aware of own strengths, weaknesses, and biases and adapts approach and communication style based on situation and audience to maximize impact
- Appreciates and supports a culture of diversity and inclusion
- High-level of integrity, self-confidence, and character
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, root-cause analysis, and decision-making skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.