|Job Type:||Full Time|
Chief Technology Officer– Azure Edge Devices
The opportunity around intelligent edge devicesissignificant and growing – there are already more connected things than people in the world!! These devices, ranging from tiny MCU based sensor devices to powerful devices in cars, drones and datacenters, haveaprofound impactonour daily lives; from how we live, how we work, how we learn and how we connect. The MicrosoftAzure Edge Devices teamis working on creating the next generation of intelligent edge devices across a wide range of form factors, device archetypes and AI technologies to enable new application scenarios, provide in-depth business insights and safeguard the security and privacy of our data.
We are looking for asenior technology leader and strategistto joinusasaCTOreporting totheAED General Manager.Your coreresponsibilitieswill be to providestrategictechnical leadershipacross our portfolio of edge products andtobuildsolidrelationshipswithcustomers andpartners (OEMs, SIs, ISVs). You willcollaboratewith senior technology leaders across Azure and Microsoftto ensure strategic alignment.Asa key member ofthe AEDLeadershipTeam,you willdevelop technology roadmapsand overall architecture, as well as workclosely with other leaders on translating business goals intotechnological realities. This willleverage yourexperiencewithhardware atthesilicon and system level, firmware, software,cloud servicesarchitecture anddevelopment,anddeepfamiliarity with Machine Learning and AIalgorithms,tools,and platforms.
The CTO will be responsible forAED’sshort term and long term technical and engineering strategy.
What You Will BringAndDo
- Passion for using technology to empower peopleandcompanies to achievemore.
- Akeen sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize deliverables, meet targets, and resolveissues.
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire, and motivate all levels of staffand senior leadership.
- Bias for Action andResults-Orientedapproach
- Establish and maintain collaborative, supportive, open, and professional working relationships with a variety of executives, management, and team members.
- Study and continuously learn about our industry, products, competitors, and customers.
- Help foster innovationandsupport a culture that empowers everyone to be a thought leader.
- Experience in developinggreatrelationships with your team, including direct reports, remote employees, andan executiveteam.
- Exhibit world-class communication skills and a drive for transparency within all teamsandthecompany.
- Proven full-cycledevelopmentexperience from R&D to Commercialization.
- Proven experience as a CTO, VP Engineering, or similar leadership role.
- Motivate, develop, and lead technical teams through periods of aggressive growth and challenging business environments.
- Develop Azure Edge Devices technology and product roadmap; manageintellectualproperty and innovation.
- Identify and evaluate next-generation technologies for suitability for incorporation intoour portfolio.
- Define and develop technical architecture across system hardware, device software, cloud services and AI/ML.
- Engage with internal product teams, architects, and business leaders to understand and informtechnologyroadmaps.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and market trends to develop a 5-yeartechnologyvision and roadmap.
- Communicate ourtechnology architecture,strategy,and roadmap clearly and effectively internally and externally.
- Engage with our ecosystem partners and customers to understand their challenges in developing/deployingedge andAI solutions and emerging requirements.
- Apply your expertise in both hardware and software to determine architecture trade-offs to deliver optimal solutions.
- Masters or PhD in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent required.
- In-depth understanding of hardware at system level.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the technology industry, with focus on hardwareanddevices.
- Exceptional depth of technical expertise along with strategic thinking and planning capabilities.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in applicable experience in a technology-based product development role.
- Proficient leadership skills demonstrated through the management of extensive global engineering and related teams.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to clearly articulate and share your vision, ideas and plans with colleagues and to be able to deal constructively with opposing views or opinions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.