|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Master Scheduler is responsible for developing and issuing executable production schedules for tactical and strategic planning windows to meet customer on time delivery. This includes verification of available capacity and material availability. The Master Scheduler will set/recommend appropriate stocking levels based on production needs and forecasted demand. The Master Scheduler is responsible for researching and setting appropriate MRP signals in MRP system and all planning data to optimize and simplify the planning process while maximizing resources. The Master Scheduler coordinates daily with the Production and Planning Teams to ensure accuracy of the Production Schedule. The Master Scheduler will assist with making recommendations to resolve issues affecting schedule adherence and customer service level performance. The Master Scheduler will assist with customer service inquiries related to the schedule and is responsible for providing accurate and timely lead time estimates and order status information.
- Plans production schedules for multiple product lines.
- Generate and review plant capacity data.
- Plans flow of work through plant, considering raw materials and shipping dates of finished products.
- Alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Follows the progress of work on assigned orders to ensure the production schedule is being met, investigates incomplete or delayed orders.
- Works closely with cross-functional leads to identify, plan and resolve inconsistencies and gaps between demand and supply.
- Coordinates and communicates production requirements within the respective Value Stream.
- Works with procurement and planning team to assure raw materials and purchased parts meet production and delivery requirements.
- Responsible for expedites within value streams, as required, to ensure production schedules are met.
- Monitors lead times and lead time offsets in the system to reflect flow and lean manufacturing principles.
- Creates detailed Capacity Planning. Involved with S&OP data to ensure accuracy for forecasting.
- Communication and coordination with Production Supervisors and Customer Service. The production planner is accountable to schedule execution and works closely with production supervisors to ensure schedule adherence and recovery if required.
- Initiate and participate in continuous improvement activities related to production planning, customer service and inventory management.
- Review MRP data integrity for assigned work centers and materials.
- Manage and recommend inventory levels ensuring uninterrupted supply of parts while maintaining optimal inventory levels, along with ensuring customer reliability and meeting target inventory turns.
- Responsible to plan for both internal and external production resources required to support customer delivery schedules.
- BS Degree in Supply Chain, Materials Management, Business, Logistics or related field.
- 3-5 years' scheduling operations in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have the ability to prioritize workload as conflicts arise and understand and deal with the impacts of their priority decisions, meeting customer needs while protecting the interests of the company.
- Possess strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve inconsistencies and gaps between demand and supply (forecast/customer orders vs. supply chain, shop capacity and manpower).
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access required,
- Strong Knowledge and Experience of MRP/ERP Systems.
- Excellent collaboration skills required. Able to effectively interface at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of processes and technologies related to products manufactured within a given value stream.
- APICS CPIM/CSCP
- 5-7 years material management / material requirements planning / master production scheduling experience
- Multiple MRP/ERP software experience
- LEAN implementation experience a plus
- Six Sigma Green Belt a plus
- Experience with Global Shop MRP a plus
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.