|Job Type:||Full Time|
Consumer Sales and Marketing Engineering is the primary engineering partner for Microsoft Stores and Microsoft Experience Centers. We have an opening for a Principal Software Engineer Lead that will lead an effort to create a modern, compliant, secure, and scalable platform that links our Microsoft.com store experiences to our backend content management systems. We want to reduce the friction from content creation, approvals, and publishing to enable a rapid process from end to end while also ensuring we achieve internet scale hosting targets. In addition, this lead will own Experience Center technologies such as building out the infrastructure for asset management and IoT implementation and integration into building functions.
- Work collaboratively with a team of diverse and talented peers and foster an environment where group success outweighs individual success.
- Lead a team of approximately 8 direct reports
- Provide thought-leadership and architectural guidance/reviews on strategic website implementations and communications layers.
- Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue investigations with the feature teams and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals.
- Execute in an agile dev-ops model where you do up-front sprint planning, participate in scrums, and maintain a good glide path towards completion.
- Maintain an unwavering focus on our customers and the value you can deliver to them.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Design, Software Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 10 years' minimum experience in Software Engineering, Software Development, or Software Architecture
- 10+ years of experience architecting, designing, and developing software systems.
- Experience creating and running secure, internet-scale, and reliable websites.
- Outstanding technical problem solving and debugging capability.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- MSc, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.