|Job Type:||Full Time|
We're looking for a talented Sr. Design Researcher to join us to help define and inform compelling experiences that empower teams to achieve more together. You'll have the opportunity to shape the direction of Microsoft Teams, a new chat-based collaboration app that is changing how people work together. We value creativity, sharing ideas openly, and having fun while we work. Most of all, we’re motivated by the desire to create product experiences people and teams love.
As a Sr. Design Researcher, you will partner closely with designers, product management, and engineers to define and create new experiences for Microsoft Teams. You will have the opportunity to drive research strategy and employ a wide range of methods of both qualitative and quantitative research, including but not limited to foundational research, cognitive-walkthroughs, card-sorting, contextual inquiry & ethnography, benchmarking, online prototype testing, surveys, and statistical analysis
You’ll share the responsibility for ensuring a successful user experience for the product and will be expected to:
- Proven track record of impactful research and leadership that drives great research insights
- Deeply collaborate with designers, product managers, and engineers to deliver research insights and influence product design
- Identify and prioritize research questions and define the research strategy for your product area
- Execute research studies and play a key role in making design decisions for the product
- Contribute your research and perspective through the entire product design cycle
- Perform thorough data analysis to create insightful and actionable results
- Communicate results and opportunities in clear, concise, and compelling ways to all levels of the product team
- Comfortable sharing your research insights to Teams Leadership teams, and partner divisions
- Able to lead and mentor other design researchers.
- A minimum of MA/MS in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction or a related field, OR significant industry experience
- 5+ years of industry experience conducting a range of research methods applicable to all product stages from conception to release, and driving tangible outcomes with product teams and a proven track record of success
- Proven ability to articulate the implications of research finding in clear and compelling ways; translate research findings into actionable recommendations; ability to translate data into insights
- Thorough knowledge and experience across a range of UX research approaches and methodologies
- Excel at cross-disciplinary collaboration and leadership
- Track record of collaborating across disciplines (design, engineering) and across divisions to drive change into products; must be able to work independently as well as part of a cohesive team
- Proven ability to work within tight timelines and with excellent project management skills
- Experience in Team Collaboration platform is preferred but not required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.