|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Covid-19 crisis presents an opportunity for Microsoft to participate in a dramatic shift with regards to how both society and the medical community view the delivery of health care. COVID-19 has made the standard office visit not only a challenge for those suffering the symptoms but dangerous for everyone else. This has advanced the understanding and the opportunity for virtual care and accelerated a long forecasted trend for the “homespital” (“dehospitilzation”of healthcare) enabled by seamless, timely and frictionless communication across care providers, virtual care and remote monitoring services. As a result, the notion of in-home care services (also referred to as Connected Care) will become an increasingly used and vital mechanism for everyone.
The company and team
At Microsoft, we have a clear mission and bold ambitions: Empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more through our technology and innovation. To make that a reality, our Health Next Connected Care team is charged with crafting solutions that help transform these new opportunities into innovative solutions leveraging both existing and emerging technologies. Our goal is to enable new ways and broader access to care – ultimately assisting the industry in to drive better health care experiences and outcomes for people around the world.
We're a small but growing team, and we'd love for you to be a part of our story! Come join a positive and collaborative team—where everyone is encouraged to bring their authentic selves—and work at the forefront of innovation and transformation!
- Working collaboratively with a talented cross-discipline team to define new user experiences.
- Rapid prototyping of new user experiences built on top of new and emerging technology.
- Using a startup mentality to discover and utilize technologies to rapidly bring the project to life.
- Aid in attracting and growing an emerging and talented engineering team.
- A computer science background (B.S. or equivalent degree)
- Experience infull stack development, rapid prototyping tools, and UI/UX web frameworks.
- 8+ years of professional development experience.
- Strong problem-solving and algorithm development skills.
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and comfortable dealing with the ambiguity of V1 and incubation work.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.