Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for providing direction and process improvements to GRC frameworks application business solutions, including reporting/data availability. Ensuring operational efficiencies for business partners.
This role is responsible for leading technology risk initiatives from concept to implementation. Leads the design of technology risk framework, conducts effective challenge of SDLC and change management and works independently with key IT business partners to: document IT processes and system flow, identify opportunities for continuous improvement in the control environment and oversee remediation plans for deficiencies. This position will consult with IT on IT process and procedure design as it relates to IT governance framework such as CoBIT (Controls Objectives for information Related Technologies).
- Provides daily support on data movement between GRC systems.
- Liaises with process owners to understand business requirements and provide feedback on industry best practice. Maintains and provides user efficiency/usability insight into GRC implementations.
- Creates and maintains a framework for access provisioning for all GRC applications. Provides guidance to all new implementations for efficient and appropriate provisioning and access setup.
- Ensures implementations and post-implementation activities are well planned, consistent with, and support broader business objectives.
- Provides testing and administrative support for GRC applications at a platform level (maintenance, patches etc.).
- Provides insight and support model for data availability and reporting, integrating GRC and BT capabilities.
- Creates, maintains, and support user documentation and training for GRC applications.
- Day-to-day administration of access control and ongoing configuration requests.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Risk Management, IT
- 2+ years of experience in Financial Services, Risk Management, IT
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Financial Services, Risk Management, IT
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in Financial Services, Risk Management, IT
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Financial Services, Risk Management, IT
- Preferred certifications such as CISA, CISSP, ITIL
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.