|Job Type:||Full Time|
As pioneers in audio and video technology, we at Poly uniquely understand the power of human connection. We've seen it drive innovation, solve problems, inspire action and power productivity. We are bringing together our portfolio of high-quality, proven products and services to connect people to what matters most -- whether it's their colleagues, customers, playlists or favorite games. Together, our technology will keep that connection strong and fuel a future of collaboration and understanding.
Poly is seeking an experienced software professional to join our great video endpoint engineering team in Austin Texas. As an embedded software development engineer working on industry-leading video endpoint products, you’ll be making a positive impact on how people live and work. There are exciting opportunities to learn and grow within this team. You’ll gain experience across a wide cross-section of product development activities, taking advantage of the latest technologies and helping to create the products of tomorrow.
What you'll do:
- Design, develop & debug new and innovative features for our Next Generation video endpoints.
- Work in very collaborative agile team to come up with innovative solutions.
- Create high quality production ready software and proof of concepts.
- Build automated tests to ensure issues are caught early through our automated test pipeline.
Minimum Qualifications :
- Master's Degree with 2+ years of embedded development experience, or bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of embedded development experience.
- 3+ years of hands on experience with C++ or Kotlin, Java.
- Proven effectiveness working with Agile software development ideals and best practices.
- Experience developing in a resource constrained Linux or Android embedded environment.
- Excellent debugging skills on embedded systems.
- Experience with SVN and Git configuration management.
- Strong critical thinking & problem-solving skills.
- You are a great communicator.
- Strong passion for learning new things and tackling unique problems.
- Knowledge of the Android framework SDK on recent releases.
- Experience working with Android audio and or video subsystems.
- Working knowledge on video processing (H.264, MPEG, MJPEG) standards, experience with H.265.
- Familiarity with audio \ video protocols including RTP, RTCP & SRTP.
- Hands on experience with xUnit based test frameworks.
- Experience developing & debugging multi-threaded applications.