|Job Type:||Full Time|
Be part of the team building Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (MDATP), one of Microsoft’s most exciting security products. As cyber-attacks have become more sophisticated, MDATP helps enterprises protect, detect, investigate, and respond to advanced attacks and data breaches on their networks. From detecting nation state actors to complex supply chain attacks, our team brings deep knowledge of the attacker landscape and tradecraft to create the innovations necessary to uncover even the most well-funded attacker.
Tackling such a vast problem space requires strong program managers to define and drive the key investments necessary to disrupt attackers. We are seeking an experienced Principal Security Program Manager to help drive high quality Endpoint Protection (prevention, detection, response, and remediation) research across millions of enterprise devices. This position requires deep domain knowledge in threat protection, experience in security operations, and the capability to work with a globally distributed team.
- Detail the design, scenarios and engineering of next gen research productivity including tools and backend services for detection and response
- Evolve scalable processes and systems for EPP/EDR quality and protection value with research leads
- Lead and collaborate on improving operating system optics to ensure visibility on attacker behavior
- Bring people together across disciplines to develop ideas and concepts to further protection value through research and MDATP features and rapidly prototype to validate your ideas
- Frame the problems we want to go after, get team alignment on goals and measurements, and drive the daily activities that ensure we are delivering a valuable solution
- Work with Engineering and Design leads to create a plan, get dependencies identified and locked, and keep everyone informed of progress
- Engage in continuous planning cycle to drive next wave planning while keeping your pulse on execution and stepping in execution where uniquely required
- Oversee maturing enterprise customer escalation responses (automation, process and tools)
- As a senior member in the team, influence, mentor and hold yourself accountable to drive the maturity of the entire team specifically PM’s
- 10+ years program and/or product management experience.
- Experience working with Enterprise customers
- Strong security acumen and demonstrated experience with exploit prevention, detection, and mitigation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective written/verbal communication skills, with experience presenting to C-level audiences
- A desire to learn, grow, and drive change
- BS+ or advanced degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering a strong plus
- Experience shipping enterprise features
- Good knowledge of kill-chain model, ATT&CK framework, and modern red team techniques
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.