|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure Resource Manager (ARM) is the front door to control plane of all resources (compute, storage, networking, SQL, etc.) on Azure. It is a unique platform that services all API requests to Azure and implements platform wide features that make Azure scalable, operable and easier for users to interact with. ARM provides the unique opportunity to work on features that immediately impacts the entire Azure Control Plane providing great visibility for any feature work.
ARM is implemented as a global scalable service which is deployed across the globe. ARM provides great learning opportunity to engineers on how to write a practical distributed services working at the limits of theoretical concepts like CAP theorem. The service is deployed on top of existing Azure resources (such as Virtual Machine Scale Sets, Storage, Load balancers, Redis caches, and more), exposing you to the latest and greatest cloud computing technologies. With all the growth we are seeing in Azure, we need to ensure ARM is always available (99.999%), globally distributed and can scale easily during periods of high traffic. This is an excellent opportunity for you to build mission critical, large scale distributed systems handling billions of requests per day. We are looking for distributed systems and API with a passion for user-facing features and experience working on always available, mission critical systems. You will be expected to work with engineers across Azure.
- Achieving quality results with laser customer focus.
- Working with a group of talented engineers to solve deep problems.
- Engaging in collaboration with partners across Microsoft teams
- Strong focus on end-to-end services, development and deployment
- Working in the cloud technologies as part of “One Microsoft” management solution in Azure
- Participate in code reviews and providing and receiving constructive feedback to improve overall code quality
- Participate in design discussion making sure that designs are scalable and fit well with other components across the product.
- Strong C#/C++/Java or any other OOP skills with a good knowledge of Data Structures/Algorithms.
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience, willingness for data driven decision-making is bonus
- 3+ years software engineering experience with demonstrated excellence solving complex problems
- MS/BS in Computer Science with 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience with other cloud platforms and open source projects are a plus.
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.