|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
Samsara’s platform supports industries that power our economy. From managing truck fleets, to dispatching emergency vehicles, to securing warehouses, our customers depend on us for their critical operations. As an engineer on the Security team, your goal will be to continually improve the security of the applications and infrastructure that power Samsara’s platform. Your decisions will have a significant impact on Samsara and on our customers.
On this team, we seek to build foundations that our product teams can build upon to experiment and iterate on new products and features rapidly, while operating within safe boundaries. You will have an opportunity to work closely with users who use the products you helped build everyday, collecting immediate feedback to continuously improve our frameworks and infrastructure. There is a lot of work to do to support our rapidly growing customer base, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
The Security Engineer role combines research, analysis, prevention, detection, and forensics. From building safer and more secure systems to detecting advanced (APT) attackers, the role requires constant adaptation as new challenges arise in our wide and ever-growing surface area.
In this role, you will:
- Design and implement defensive systems that enhance security at Samsara.
- Build tooling and processes to help other developers create secure products.
- Be a security subject matter expert and respond to internal security engineering questions/requests.
- Work with other teams to build secure products, carefully balancing risk and product advancement.
- Respond to security and privacy incidents, write incident reports, and participate in post-mortems.
- Perform penetration testing on our internal and external applications.
- Integrate customer security requirements into product and system design.
- Operate external bug bounty programs to source vulnerability information.
- Work with teams within Samsara to discover and implement new detection capabilities and logging sources.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience on security-focused teams.
- Strong programming/coding fundamentals.
- Experience working with web services deployed on Cloud providers.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Strong communication skills and desire to collaborate across teams.
- Demonstrated ability to ship production-quality software in a dynamic environment.
- Experience working with firmware and hardware security.
- Familiarity with data privacy regulations and compliance e.g. CCPA, GDPR, SOC 2.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.