|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
Samsara is seeking an experienced Security Engineer to join our San Francisco-based security team. The Samsara security team's goal is to continually improve the security of Samsara's products and its customers. The Security Engineer role combines research, analysis, prevention, detection, and forensics. From building safer and more secure systems to detecting advanced (APT) attackers, the role requires constant adaptation as new challenges arise in our wide and ever-growing surface area.
In this role, you will:
- Design and implement defensive systems that enhance security at Samsara.
- Build tooling and processes to help other developers create secure products.
- Be a security subject matter expert and respond to internal security engineering questions/requests.
- Work with other teams to help architect solutions that are inherently secure.
- Carefully balance security risk and product advancement.
- Respond to security and privacy incidents, write incident reports, and participate in post-mortems.
- Perform penetration testing on our internal and external applications.
- Integrate customer security requirements into product and system design.
- Operate external bug bounty programs to source vulnerability information.
- Work with teams within Samsara to discover and implement new detection capabilities and logging sources.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience on security-focused teams.
- Strong programming/coding fundamentals.
- Experience working with web services deployed on Cloud providers.
An ideal candidate has:
- Strong communication skills and desire to collaborate across teams.
- Demonstrated ability to ship production-quality software in a dynamic environment.
- Experience working with firmware and hardware security.
- Familiarity with data privacy regulations and compliance e.g. CCPA, GDPR, SOC 2
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.