|Job Type:||Full Time|
It has never been a more exciting time for AI and Computer Vision at Microsoft. Both Microsoft and the industry at large are making big investments in this area and taking great strides forwards. We continue to advance the state of the art and impact Microsoft, the industry and our customers by democratizing AI for everyone including consumers, developers and businesses.
From being able to log you in with face recognition, launch Cortana with a voice command, to the exciting possibilities in augmented reality and computational photography, and or taking part in moving beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together-whether that’s colleagues brainstorming around a giant digital whiteboard, scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars, or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies in computer vision and are looking for University PHD graduates to help us bring these applications and other incredible computer vision products to millions!
Computer vision engineers & researchers will work and collaborate on some and or all of the following:
Building code, tools, documentation, and reports suitable for direct product integration related to all things computer vision & image processing including:
Object Recognition, Identification, and Tracking
Feature Detection, Identification, and Analysis
RGBD Image Processing
Collaboration with other product teams and researchers and prototype new technologies, algorithms, formfactors, and help incubate our product roadmap
Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue triage with feature teams and support well informed decisions towards engineering, customer and business goals
Champion software development best practices including code reviews, test methodology, and documentation
- Currently pursuing a PhD in Computer Science or similar (mathematics, EE, etc.) or equivalent work experience
- Related intern and or industry experience working on computer vision / image processing projects
- 1+ years intern experience and or proven knowledge with school projects using Python and C/C++ C#, or equivalent languages
- Experience with MATLAB a plus
- Experience with OpenCV a plus
- Outstanding technical problem solving and debugging ability
- Self-motivated to learn and execute with attention to detail in documentation and execution
- Ability to handle technical and design ambiguity
- Experience working with distributed software project management tools such as those in Azure DevOps:
- Planning & Execution Management (Kanban Boards, Scrum Sprints)
- Version Control (Git)
- Documentation (Wiki, Sphinx)
- Automated Test/Continuous Integration (Pipelines, Jenkins, *CI, or similar)
- Experience working in a lab or product group setting with hands-on equipment
- Experience with any/all of the following are a plus:
- Machine Learning
- GPU or similar parallel programming architecture optimizations
- UI frameworks
- DevOps / Infrastructure
- Software test methodologies or QA
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.