|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Bellevue, Washington, Cambridge, Massachusetts, Raleigh, North Carolina, Redmond, Washington, San Francisco, California, Sunnyvale, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Software Engineer - PHD Intern
Software engineers (SWEs) work with teammates to solve problems and build innovative software solutions. The ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes to leverage in your solutions.
We're looking for PHD engineer Interns who will bring their unique PHD perspective and are eager to apply their education to a product team. As a SWE Intern, you are dedicated to building software to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more.
- Currently enrolled in a PhD degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Coding experience in one of the following programming languages: C++, Java, Python or Go.
- Returning to your degree after completing the internship.
- Some knowledge and or understanding of algorithms, data structures and other systems architecture factors that affect code quality, performance and customer experience
- Some experience building software outside of the classroom environment like an internship, hackathon, research project or related experience preferred
- Demonstrated background in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux or Windows environments, as well as APIs.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.