|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Platform Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day.
Core Platform Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we urge you to apply to learn more!
Within the Core Platform Engineering (CPE) organization, the Data Management team owns and powers the Data Platform, that is critical to everything we do.Running Microsoft’s business involves carrying out hundreds of thousands of business transactions every day happening in SAP and across various services and involving large quantities of business-sensitive data. Making business data easily accessible at scale to derive operational insights, develop operational models, and derive the most optimal action in a secure and compliant way is super critical to the success of our business and internal operations. The Data Management team owns this charter to build the data platform and services that are critical to make the Cloud Supply Chain, Devices Supply Chain and Microsoft core HR, Finance and Order to Cashsystems successful. Our work involves understanding key business objectives, the role data plays in assessing the current state, and the role data plays in lighting up the insights that aid the business actions and decisions needed to meet those objectives. The team is involved in requirements gathering and problem scoping, understanding ingestion of the relevant data, transformation, data publishing all the way to data consumption to enable the outcomes. Our vision is to “Enable businesses to unlock insights and learnings from data and to achieve operational excellence”. We achieve this vision byworking with other partners (internal and external teams)anddemocratizing the data, making it discoverable, making it easy to consume, making it trustworthy, enabling operational and business decision making, and aiding in identification of recommended actions to be better prepared, agile and resilient. We developed Data Lake and Data warehousing capabilities that aid in business decision making for the supply chain using the latest Azure technology stack - specifically ADL, ADF, ADW, Databricks etc. Our Data Lake and Warehousing solution will provide end-to-end visibility of business and system events and correlate them using complex event processing technology.
As a Principal PM Manager, you will be the Group PM leader of this team, a data-driven team with a clear focus on our customers and their experiences and needs. You will be an experienced manager leading a high-performing PM team, and someone who has deep experience running data teams.Your key opportunities and responsibilities will be to:
- Lead and grow a diverse PM team and grow them to be strong customer-focused leaders
- Develop and sustain strong working relationships with business, and other PM and Engineering peers and dependent and partner teams
- Understand the challenges we have in harnessing this data, and helping us move the platform to be ready for predictive analytics at scale for all the businesses we work with - Devices and Cloud Supply Chain, HR, finance, and Order to Cash functions
- Enable self-service and discovery of the data to scale the team and enable our users to build their own reports, analytics and dashboards
- Look to drive synergies with the data platform efforts in the Cloud Supply Chain and broadly in CSEO, and come up with a joint roadmap to make a One Microsoft recommendation to help us build an industry leading Data Platform and solution
- GTM opportunities for Microsoft by talking to customers of Azure who have their own Supply Chain and operations to run, and share our successes and approaches to drive Azure revenue by helping them adopt similar solutions/technologies on the Azure platform
- Cultivate an inclusive learning culture where our people are empowered to grow and develop
- Anticipate, identify, assess, track and mitigate project risks and issues
- Organized and versed in Data and Data technologies to work across the team
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Design, Software Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 15 years' minimum experience in Software Engineering, Software Design, or Software Development
- 5 years' minimum experience as a people manager
- 15+ years of experience building software
- 5+ years of people manager experience
- Existing manager of managers (preferred but not required)
- 5+ years of Data experience in functional or architect roles
- Strong leadership skills to influence the agenda among partners and engineering counterparts
- A talented performance manager whose style leans towards mentorship and inspiration
- Proven ability to lead global teams and influence across matrixed organizations
- Flexible communication skills that can provide clarity to audiences that include customers, peers and executive leadership
- Demonstrated ability to get results and influence multiple teams and divisions
- Exhibit composure during high-demand events and able to lead others in a structured and thoughtful response
- Demonstrated ability of using data to improve products/services for our customers
- Has driven a business in or outside of Microsoft
- Experience in Supply Chain operational or technical roles
- Experience in SAP in functional roles
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.