|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Platform Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Platform Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we urge you to apply to learn more!
Within the Core Platform Engineering (CPE) organization, the SAP team accelerates Microsoft’s growth by radically transforming customers experiences and the way we operate by modernizing our services to be the most connected, scalable, intelligent, and compliant industry leader. Microsoft runs on SAP, and we're the team that runs SAP for Microsoft on Azure. Our vision is to make SAP on Azure the best way to run SAP.
The role: as the Group PM Manager to lead the PM teams responsible for the critical Order to Cash and Enterprise Services service lines. We are a data driven team with a clear focus on our customers and their experiences and needs. We are hiring an experienced manager to lead a high-performing PM team, to deliver end-user SAP services on an exceptional platform, to strengthen the continuous planning process to focus on deliverables with the highest business impact, and to collaborate with business partners to drive positive business outcomes that align to business metrics. You will collaborate closely across different engineering teams as well as with our customers, partners, and end users. This is a highly visible role. You and your team will regularly have opportunities to influence strategy and make an impact across Microsoft.
- Lead and deliver against a customer-centric vision to meet MS and industry needs.
- Develop and sustain strong working relationships with business, application program managers, and Engineering peers.
- Cultivate an inclusive learning culture where our people are empowered to grow and develop.
- Develop and grow a healthy, diverse team and develop future leaders and individual contributors.
- Anticipate, identify, assess, track and mitigate project risks and issues
- Relentlessly improve and optimize continuous planning using data to drive insights
- Organized and versed in SAP to work across multiple workstreams
- Improve efficiency in a constantly evolving environment.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Design, Software Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 15 years' minimum experience in Software Engineering, Software Design, or Software Development
- 5 years' minimum experience as a people manager
- 15+ years of experience building software
- 5+ years of people manager experience
- Existing manager of managers (preferred but not required)
- 5+ years of SAP experience in functional or architect roles
- Strong leadership skills to influence the agenda among partners and engineering counterparts
- A talented performance manager whose style leans towards mentorship and inspiration
- Proven ability to lead global teams and influence across matrixed organizations
- Flexible communication skills that can provide clarity to audiences that include customers, peers and executive leadership
- Demonstrated ability to get results and influence multiple teams and divisions
- Exhibit composure during high-demand events and able to lead others in a structured and thoughtful response
- Has driven a business in or outside of Microsoft
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.