|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you love the engineering challenges of designing and delivering cutting-edge cloud-scale distributed systems technologies? Do you want to enable cloud and container based applications that are fault-tolerant, self-managing, self-healing and easily operated at massive scale on public or private datacenters around the world? Do you want to be part of a fast paced and energetic team that’s building the next generation of serverless container infrastructure for Azure?
Atlas is azure’s shared serverless container platform that supports running hostile multitenant container workloads. Atlas platform influences the fundamental building blocks of compute( service fabric, containerd), networking(SDN stack, Service Mesh), storage(Microdisks, ACR) as we drive towards the goal of making containers a fundamental primitive in Azure.
The Atlas team is looking for a highly motivated, passionate and talented engineer to help build and grow the platform as we take on more and more mission critical first party workloads. You will have the chance to learn, understand and leverage a wide variety of technologies ranging from nitty gritties of how datacenters work to building fault tolerant, highly scalable microservices.
Our team takes pride in owning features end to end, from interacting with the customer (through support, github etc.), designing features, coding and testing, exposing REST APIs through Swagger and writing documentation.
Qualified candidates should be experienced with distributed programming and passionate about delivering a great user story, paying attention not only to functionality and usability, but also to diagnostics, scalability, reliability, and performance. We value passion, creativity, agility, accountability, team collaboration and the desire to learn new, complex technical areas.
3+ years of software engineering experience
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals, fluent in multi-threaded and asynchronous programming, passionate about architecting at scale.
- Solid coding skills in C# (preferred)/ C++, or Java, Go
- Excellent technical design, problem solving, debugging and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated experience in shipping high quality products and services
- Bachelor of Science / Master of Science in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.