|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about bringing clarity to complex systems, and processes using the tool of User Research? The CSEO Studio is shaping the way we think about and build internal employee experiences at Microsoft, pushing the envelope and raising the bar. Using leadership principles such as driving to clarity, creating energy, and delivering results, you will collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, and engineering disciplines to define UX strategies for new experiences and help reimagine old experiences. Your leadership will accelerate this newly formed research team’s reputation as world-class, and you will bring expertise in both quantitative and qualitative research approaches.
Our CSEO Studio at Microsoft is a vibrant community of talented and passionate people that are customer-obsessed with diverse expertise in Design, UX Research, Accessibility and Program Management. Yet, we share some core values around curiosity, humility, persistence, and creativity.
- Conduct diverse product research activities spanning generative to evaluative (with a focus on strategic influence)
- A big component of your role will be to own and drive large N tracking surveys for employees, and innovate in the way we collect employee sentiment and feedback
- Influential UX research leader with experience managing multiple projects, and ability to look horizontally across spaces and can identify common threads in seemingly un-related spaces
- Bring creativity, and thought leadership to research approaches including foresight, and innovation techniques
- Partnering closely with other research and design leaders to deliver a collective studio vision for the employee, prioritizing trust and alignment as foundations for the relationship
- Deep hands on analytical and synthesis skills (both qualitative and quantitative) with a proven ability to turn research results into product insights
- A desire to think big about how data from across the company can be brought together to uncover insights about our employee needs (including how we can use AI, and machine learning)
- Partner with peers to establish a scalable process for tracking and measuring in product sentiment feedback so that our team shows up consistently, regardless of investment area
- Partner closely with PMs, and other leaders to set vision, and bring broad insights to life that should be focused on for the success of our digital transformation.
- Contribute to the formation of the research culture and newly formed team
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- 8+ years in user experience research, design research, product research or equivalent
- Deep expertise in the Future of Work, Workplace Collaboration, and direct experience running large projects/programs which span multiple years.
- Well established portfolio of research techniques from ethnography, field studies, interviews, evaluative usability studies, surveys, scorecards and competitive analysis
- Influential leader who can develop key partnerships with stakeholders and business leaders
- Experience with developing research programs, scorecards and outcomes that have resulted in a strong product strategy and impact
- Expertise working with multiple data sets such as telemetry, sentiment, and unstructured data sets and combining them with qualitative insights to paint a holistic picture
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and strong attention to visual details
- A minimum of Master’s degree in HCI, ethnography, cognitive or experimental psychology, sociology, business planning OR a BA/BS in one of the above fields with significant academic or industry experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.