|Job Type:||Full Time|
Position Description: Okta’s Technical Sales Development Representative will strategically partner with internal sources such as Sales Engineering and Marketing to fuel Okta’s growth by driving interest and demand in our customer identity products
Ideal candidates are eager to demonstrate their ability to be driven self-starters and are looking to accelerate a career along the technical sales or sales engineer trajectory. We’ll provide tools, sales and technical training, and mentorship to advance your technical career - you’ll bring a willingness to learn, passion for high-tech sales engineering, and a positive attitude.
As part of this team at Okta, you will hone your technical as well as interpersonal sales skills by advising a diverse set of leads evaluating an Okta trial on what is possible with our platform.
Okta’s culture is built on our vision, people and values; to enable any company to adopt any technology anywhere.
- Qualify, follow up, educate, and develop a substantial volume of Okta trial evaluators to become successful in their projects as well as build the demand for Okta
- Generate sales-ready meetings and opportunities for Account Executives using Okta’s qualification criteria
- Mentor the wider team (SDRs and BDRs) from a technical perspective, assisting with more technical questions that come through our developer marketing programs and our website chat tool
- Support the Sales and Sales Engineering team in helping customers understand what they can achieve with Okta’s platform
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using Okta’s product set
- Work closely with the Marketing team to drive continuous improvement in lead quality, conversion rates, and pipeline generation
- Either a bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a comparable field, have completed a Developer bootcamp, or has some equivalent technical experience
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly
- Confidence dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience
- Exude empathy and show a genuine desire to help technical users be successful in their jobs
- Understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- Elite communication skills
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.