|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Okta is looking to revolutionize how users securely and conveniently access mission critical applications and tools. Currently, Okta’s Advanced Service Access (ASA) product empowers customers to securely connect to Linux and Windows servers with ephemeral client certificates. ASA is built for the modern cloud and enables the most secure way to manage privileged access to servers.
Come join the Okta team to help grow ASA and build the next generation of security tools beyond just server access! We are looking for a Senior or a Group Product Manager who can formulate the vision and strategy for accelerating Okta’s portfolio of security products. This is a highly visible cross-functional role where you will be at the forefront of defining what’s next for one of the industry’s leading security platforms.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Understand and prioritize the needs of the customer. Partner closely with Engineering, Design and Marketing to test problem hypotheses and validate solutions with customers
- Think strategically about problems and create solutions that deliver immediate customer value while aligning to your long-term vision
- Write high quality product requirements, partner with engineering on executing on major infrastructure projects and be a leader of your feature teams
- Define measurable outcomes for your teams and, regularly track and report on progress.
- Collaborate with product marketing and technical marketing to support creation of messaging and content and enable the Okta sales team
- Work closely with our Tech Partnership and Strategy to identify industry trends and define Okta’s approach to capitalize on those opportunities
- 5+ years of Product Management experience working on building IaaS, cloud infrastructure, security, secrets management, developer, and/or DevOps tools
- You put the needs of customers above all else and walk back from their problems all the way to creating detailed product requirements and bringing solutions to market
- You are willing to get hands-on with Engineering teams to design solutions that require your design input on technical challenges
- You maintain a track record of creating roadmaps consisting deliverables spanning multiple parts of an organization
- Ability to write code required for creating demos, samples and public presentations
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- MBA or equivalent entrepreneurial experience
- Knowledge or experience working with Identity and Access Management products
- Experience working with Enterprise SaaS customers
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.
Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.