|Location:||Issaquah, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a customer obsessed? Are you a result oriented, highly structured and collaborative leader? Do you want to guide the strategy and develop the professional service portfolio used by 1000s of Customer Success Architects and Engineers worldwide?
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of Microsoft’s end-to-end customer experience. This newly established organization reflects Microsoft’s ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customers’ expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, but also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to customer success.
As the Customer Experience and Success Director of Apps and Infra IP Development you will oversee the professional services strategy and portfolio development, working with WW stakeholders across the company. You will manage a team of engineers who and have a deep technical knowledge of our Azure Services and be accountable for the setting the technical strategy, overseeing workforce planning, and ensuring all services are developed on time, with quality. You will foster relationships with field teams around the globe and establish closed loop feedback channels to ensure that every delivery delights our customers and drives the right outcome. This is a high impact and high visibility role that will enable the newly formed Customer Experience and Success organization to reimagine and drive Azure customer impact at scale.
We are looking for a well-rounded leader with a proven ability to navigate complex stakeholders across the company, and an ability to speak to business and technical leaders at levels. If you are energized by ambiguity, able to work with empathy when under pressure, and at the same time, operate with high confidence and interpersonal awareness, then this may be your next role.
- Technical Strategy and Service Development: Partner with our business teams and technology partners to align and prioritize top business scenarios.
- Manage a team to translate business requirementsand customer promises to technical solutions, develop the user stories, and oversee the development cycle whileensuring a high-quality bar.
- Partner with field teams to validate each service delivers on the customer promise, and develop the reporting and measurements to support quarterly and monthly business reviews with senior leadership.
- Drive continuous improvement with the team, looking for ways to accelerate time to market, by streamlining and automating process to improve speed and agility from planning through development. Ensure all priorities and initiatives are aligned with key stakeholders across Microsoft and track development timelines and customer outcomes for all inflight and net new investments.
- Support field enablement teams and work with them develop comprehensive field change programs to effectively land services for Customer Success Architects and Engineers to help customers optimize their technology and drive consumption.
- People: Contribute to and foster an exceptional and inclusive work environment. Build, lead, coach, and develop direct reports and a global v-team team to meet business objectives and ensure we continue to focus on the customer experience and outcomes.
- 10+ years of experience with cloud infrastructure, networking, and app development in a consulting or professional services role
- 5+ years of experience managing direct and indirect teams, hiring, developing, retaining high performing talent.
- Forward thinking and strategic, yet pragmatic and with a knack for seeing things from multiple perspectives.
- Enterprise customer experience
- Strong leadership, executive presence, and with Microsoft HQ/Field organizational awareness.
- Ability to gain confidence and sponsorship of internal and external stakeholders.
- Passion for technology, customer experience, and the people side of change.
- Equally comfortable with business stakeholders and development teams and able to translate between business requirements and technical strategy.
- Ability to create clear, concise narratives to relay strategic intent and vision.
- Proactive, forward thinking, able to quickly get past the problem statements, and to the recommendations and actions.
- Relevant Bachelors’ degree or experience
Location/Travel: You may be based anywhere in North America. You can expect limited global travel, less than 10%.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Keywords: BizOps, Program Management, Engineering, customer success, cloud infrastructure, people management, technology.