|Job Type:||Full Time|
We all want to have a positive impact on peoples’ lives. What better way to do so than to help deliver what Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella said, “must be seen as a human right”?
Come help the MCB Privacy team build, implement, and innovate privacy practices and initiatives to ensure Microsoft is the global leader in delivering personalized, engaging modern marketing experiences while always preserving a customers’ ability to be in control through transparency and choice.
Our team remit spans the entire Marketing and Consumer Business (MCB) organization, providing a breadth of perspective across the company’s businesses, geographies, and customer segments. You’ll be joining a fast-paced, agile environment that is constantly looking for new ways to embellish every aspect of marketing and customer engagement with principles that help fulfill Microsoft’s commitment to trust.
You’ll be required to lead complex privacy reviews involving multiple stakeholders. Marketing, Engineering, and Corporate, External & Legal Affairs (CELA) all have a stake in the decisions you’ll own. Senior leaders across each of those orgs will see you as a trusted advisor, and rely on you to guide them towards outcomes that enable maximum business growth while minimizing reputational risk. You’ll evangelize these decisions and the processes undertaken to produce them, and you’ll infuse your learnings into training & self-help materials and internal tools so that they can be leveraged and repeated by others, over time.
This role provides a unique opportunity to drive sustained, visible impact across a variety of Microsoft businesses, a broad number of stakeholders, and a highly diverse set of customers.
- Manage multiple engagements with marketers to ensure all processing of personal data is identified.
- Partner with marketers to understand the details of their data processing and alignment with business objectives.
- Research policy implications of marketing activities.
- Provide privacy guidance to marketers and help identify areas of potential non-compliance.
- Develop and implement strategies to educate stakeholders and drive privacy awareness.
- Draw insights and identify opportunities to improve privacy program operations.
- If needed, drive investigation and resolution of privacy incidents.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a privacy or related compliance role is required.
- 2+ years experience within advertising is required.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) credentials or willingness to obtain within first 6 months is preferred.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and change.
- Ability to work collaboratively across a broad spectrum of Microsoft employees, vendors, and business stakeholders.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and proven program management covering multiple projects and diverse goals.
- High enthusiasm, ingenuity, results-orientation, determination, and resourcefulness.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.