|Job Type:||Full Time|
Hardware System Architect, TA– Azure Edge Devices
The opportunity around intelligent edge devices is significant and growing – there are already more connected things than people in the world!! These devices, ranging from tiny MCU based sensor devices to powerful devices in cars, drones and datacenters, have a profound impact on our daily lives; from how we live, how we work, how we learn and how we connect. The Microsoft Azure Edge Devices team is creating the next generation of intelligent edge devices across a wide range of form factors, device archetypes and AI technologies to enable new application scenarios, provide in-depth business insights and safeguard the security and privacy of our data.
We are looking for a senior hardware engineerto join us as aLead Hardware Architect, and Technical Advisor reporting toAED CTO. This Hardware System Architect will lead the definition and convergence of complex and novel end-to-end hardware at system level and associated sub-systems. The product architectureswill define state-of-the-art edge computing and beyond, as well as edge and sensorized AI/ML. The scope of the role is broad, with architectures that can span new sensing systems, networking, general and AI acceleration compute, MPUs, MCUs, display/optics systems, input devices, andedge devices such as intelligent cameras, intelligent audio, intelligent gateways, and PC/Phone form factors and with responsibility for incubation of new technologies from proof of concept through integration into products for mass production and commercialization.We are looking for someone with proficient technical communication skills with the ability to collaborate successfully acrossfunctional teams,including ID, mechanical engineering, hardware engineering, partnerships, supply chain and core technology groups.
What You Will Bring and Do
- Passion for using technology to empower people and companies to achieve more.
- A keen sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize deliverables, meet targets, and resolve issues.
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire, and motivate all levels of staff and senior leadership.
- Bias for Action and Results-Orientedapproach.
- Establish and maintain collaborative, supportive, open, and professional working relationships with a variety of executives, management, and team members.
- Study and continuously learn about our industry, products, competitors, and customers.
- Help foster innovation and support a culture that empowers everyone to be a thought leader.
- Experience in developing great relationships with your team and an executiveteam.
- Exhibit world-class communication skills and a facilitator for transparency within all teams and the company.
- Proven full-cycle developmentexperience from R&D to Commercialization.
- Develop Azure Edge Devices hardware system architecture, across many form factors and devices including sensorized devices including cameras, gateways, PCs and Phone formfactors.
- Identify and evaluate next-generation hardware technologies for suitability for incorporation into our product portfolio.
- Engage with internal product teams, architects, and business leaders to understand and inform hardware technology roadmaps.
- In-depth understanding of hardware at system level with ARM and x86 architectures
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the technology industry, with focus on hardware and devices.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals across functional teams and ability to meet or exceed expected timelines for projects.
- Demonstrated ability to uncover systemic issues and drive failure analysis to root cause swiftly and accurately.
- Masters or PhD in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.