|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come join us in shaping the future of education!
Would you like to be part of the team that is building the next gen apps and services to revolutionize the learning experience with millions of users? Want to join one of the most customer focused organizations? Want to lead shaping the remote learning experience during this special time? If so, then we might have just the right opportunity for you! The Education engineering team serves a mission critical vertical and acts as an incubation ground for M365 initiatives. We are creating unique experiences for students, teachers, administrators and parents and our goal is to empower every learner in the world to achieve more.
We are looking for a motivated, full stack software engineer to join our frontend feature crew to help build features that will bring the next generation of education experiences to anyone, on any device, at any time. Our highly scalable services aim to serve millions of teachers and students across the globe and that makes Microsoft Teams the hub for all learning experiences. We strive to improve learning outcomes while saving teachers time and removing seams to allow the technology to melt away into the learning experience.
Our engineering culture is data driven, dynamic and inclusive. Team members are encouraged to explore innovative ideas, establish hypotheses, and implement them iteratively to learn and adapt quickly. We are passionate about pursuing service agility and deploy frequently to production. Our core platform - the EDU Assignment app + service - is a distributed RESTful API deployed in Azure and built on top of the Office 365 Substrate layer. Our UI experiences is ReactJs based with Mobx and leans heavily on open source software. The Assignment app runs on the Microsoft Teams platform and across all devices – web, iOS, and Android.
The ideal candidate will bring the following technical and interpersonal skills to the team:
- Advanced skills infront-end frameworks like ReactJs, Angular,VueJswith keen awareness of latest open source software trends.
- Experience with responsive web design and supporting mobile first experiences.
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with front-end unit testing
- Experience with RESTful web service
- Develop exemplary and unit tested code and enjoys participation in code reviews, design brainstorming sessions.
- Good problem solving and designskills
- Is a self-starter and likes to learnevery day
- Put customers first and display customer focus by mitigating experience impacts as an on-call-engineer and being diligent about root-cause analysis.
- Act as an ally and be deeply invested in building an inclusive team culture
- Clear, concise, and effective verbal and written communicator with ability to share technical details clearlyacross orgboundaries
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent years of work experience
- Experience in distributed version control system e.g. Git
- Good engineering skills with proven track record.
- Good analytical and problem-solvingskills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.