Last updated an hour ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Atlassian is seeking a Director of Strategy and Business Operations to partner with the Tech Teams leadership team (Tech Teams = Jira, Jira Service Desk, Bitbucket, etc.) in driving sustainable long-term growth for the company. If you are looking to make a big impact, partner with outstanding talent, and take your career to the next level, we encourage you to join us! You are a great fit if you understand the market, strategy and business model!
Using your business insight, analytical skills and creativity, you will partner directly with the leadership team and take a leading role in driving product strategy, growth, and business operations. You’ll own projects from inception to execution and delivery, ensuring that the solutions you develop are creative and offer high-quality and significant recommendations to business partners. You will also be instrumental in framing long term strategy and growth goals, helping the team craft key initiatives to drive sustainable long term sources of growth.
In this role, you'll get to
- Drive the business cadence for Tech Teams, including monthly and annual business updates to increase visibility and accountability around key metrics
- Identify product, GTM and pricing opportunities by having your pulse on the business and inspire change by working closely with cross-functional partners across analytics, finance, product, marketing, and sales
- Transform findings into relevant recommendations, and partner with cross functional teams to execute on the recommendations
- Conduct yearly planning to set and refine the long-term strategy and determine appropriate OKRs and growth goals for the year
- Drive customer research to help inform product and go-to-market decisions
On the first day, we'll expect you to have
- Have experience in business operations, strategy, consulting, product management, growth and / or investment banking
- Have experience leading a team (this role will lead 4-6 team members)
- Be comfortable with data and ambiguity, and be able to both delve into the details and engage on higher level strategy
- Be a self-starter and be able to drive work from idea, to analysis, to recommendation and, at times, to implementation
- Articulately present and debate recommendations at the executive level
- Have an understanding of SaaS business models and of enterprise sales
More about our team
The Strategy & Business Operations team sits in the Finance & Strategy function. We are a hardworking and collaborative team with an outstanding mix of backgrounds from the technology, consulting and financial services industries. Our responsibilities include driving product strategy and growth through monetization, pricing/packaging, and other go-to-market initiatives, as well as owning the ongoing business operations that support this growth. We encourage decision-making at every level and highly value a forward-thinking approach and organizational visibility. We embed deeply within the product and GTM teams, and also work closely with business leadership across multiple other functions including sales, marketing, analytics and FP&A to support the company’s growth. You'll join a team that is not only intelligent, motivated, and passionate about Atlassian's products and customers, but also fun to work with.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.