|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for Cloud Services? Do you want to be a key technical leader in a rapidly growing & profitable “Enterprise” cloud service? Does building the Services infrastructure of a cloud service excite you? If you want to join a fast-paced team & have an impact on a growing online business, this is the opportunity for you to drive the evolution of Microsoft Azure Rapid Response Support while keeping customer satisfaction as the top priority! This is an opportunity for you to be constantly learning as the Platform expands to provide broader capabilities to our customers, enable customers using a service rather than on premise Microsoft products, and to work in collaboration with multiple Microsoft teams inside of Customer Service & Support (CSS), Engineering and Operations teams.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision, and our every action.
- Customer obsession – Our people are relentless in the pursuit of truly exceptional customer experiences that are easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth mindset – Our people focus on learning, improving and being open about change.
- Diverse and inclusive – We celebrate and leverage our cultural differences as it makes us a stronger organization and provides the best experience for our engineers and customers.
- One Microsoft – We believe in a boundary-less organization, unlocking the collective genius and building great experiences.
- Making a difference – We think beyond the traditional measures of business or individual success and believe that our work is purpose driven, improving lives worldwide.
As a Support Escalation Engineer, you will have the opportunity to leverage tools and troubleshooting skills to solve technically complex problems while working with our most strategic enterprise customers. You will be a technical leader and will have many opportunities to assist in the growth of other engineers through one-on-one mentoring, one-to-many education scenarios and problem-solving collaboration. As a member of this organization, you will benefit from access to a comprehensive panel of experts as well as the opportunity to work directly with our Development team.
- Ability to build business relationships with key customer contacts and Technical Account Managers and enhance the trust.
- Ability to quickly identify customer issues to specific Azure Services or Azure Platform
- Respond to and resolve critical customer issues by performing depth analysis work and engaging with the Engineering Group effectively.
- Develop tools, scripts to automate troubleshooting activities and explorer diagnostic opportunity on Tenant based monitoring/alerts.
- Lead triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and develop customer solutions efficiently.
- Act as technical leader, mentor, and role model across the ARR business.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of pre-release products and take ownership for product improvement in key product areas.
- 3+ years of technical customer support experience or software development experience
- 3+ years of technical experience in three or more of the following:
- Cloud Application development or support experiences with PaaS services (Redis Cache, Service Fabric, Service Bus, Event Hub, Cloud Service, IoT suite, Azure Batch, Mobile Apps, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, an ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems, determine root cause and develop solutions
- BS in computer science or engineering preferred
- Software Development experience desired in one or more of the following:
- Software development experience with C#, ASP.NET, or C++
- Debugging code (WINdbg, Visual Studio Debugger)
- REST API
- .Net development, IIS
- .NET Framework SDK
- Technical Leadership - handle technically challenging and politically sensitive customer situations
- Strong communications skills – excellent spoken and written English communication skills and the ability to present complex technical issues clearly and concisely to a general audience
- Demonstrate ability to recover from dissatisfied-customer situations in collaboration with the team manager.
- Ability to understand the customers best interests in terms of problem impact
- Passion for technology, problem solving, and customer supportability
- Ability to discovery, recognize and assess alternate solutions to a problem
- Ability and motivation to learn behaviors of unfamiliar components/technologies as needed
- Ability to drive discussions remotely with authority
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to have effective communication with various stakeholders within and outside of Microsoft
- Demonstrate coaching skill
- Logical and Critical thinking
- Should have passion for technology and customer support
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships over long distances and remote technologies like Teams
- Logical and critical thinking
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Your shift can vary according to business needs. Examples: Monday to Friday, any working hours from 6am to 6pm Pacific Time, or weekend coverage depending upon business needs. Please note that shifts might change according to business needs. Though schedule changes are not frequent, you will need to have flexibility to accommodate changes as needed. This position may require you to work a rotational On-Call schedule, evenings, weekends and holiday shifts.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.