|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Commerce and Ecosystem division (C+E) in the Cloud & AI group powers commerce for Microsoft’s key businesses like Azure, Office 365. The Commerce Partner & Field Experience team within this group is a great place to grow your career while working on initiatives that deliver compelling value to Microsoft’s developer and partner ecosystem across gaming, commercial, and productivity segments.
We are hiring a Senior Software Engineer to help us deliver Marketplace Ingestion services and eXperiences for empowering Microsoft’s developer and partner ecosystem to be successful.
In this position, you will be part of a diverse team that seeks challenges, loves learning and values teamwork. You will collaborate with team members and partners to build full stack web applications using latest web technologies in a dynamic environment, and have opportunities for mentorship, career growth, and work on high-business impact areas.
Successful candidates will exhibit various attributes which will enhance their ability to succeed in this position.
Collaboration - As most development is about working with others, both within an immediate team, as well as across business units and portions of the company, an ability to collaborate effectively is a core competency to have.
Customer Focus - A focus on delivering customer value, and being able to directly tie engineering decisions and actions to that value is a huge plus for successful engineers at any level.
Drive For Results - Being able to drive for results, not merely finding the boundary of your responsibility, but following a problem through to its conclusion, to solve it once and for all, is a skill and ability which a successful engineer should exhibit.
Technical Excellence - Core to being a software engineer is of course technical excellence. This is not merely knowing the latest and greatest language developments, but demonstrating a passion for technology, a curiosity to ‘go deep’, and an ability to quickly learn and build upon past experiences, to be able to extrapolate from those experiences, and deliver innovations. Technical excellence is rooted in having a strong demonstrable aptitude for problem solving.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate this broad set of attributes well.
- Design and build scalable, high availability and reliable cloud services
- As a technical leader, mentor and support other engineers on the team
- Collaborate with Program Managers to plan and execute on key deliverables
- Work in a culture of continuous improvement, adaptation, reflection and growth
- 5+ years software development experience shipping customer-facing products or on-line services
- Familiarity with cloud service technologies and distributed systems
- Excellent C# or Java coding skills, with a degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Ability to understand unfamiliar code bases and learn new technologies
- Strong computer science fundamentals and proven algorithm design capability
- Strong communication skills, ability to work effectively in small team environments
- Experience shipping and running services on Azure
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.