|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Commerce and Ecosystem division (C+E) in the Cloud & AI group powers commerce for Microsoft’s key businesses like Azure & Office 365. The Partner and Field Experience team within this group is a great place to grow your career while working on initiatives that deliver compelling value to Microsoft’s developer and partner ecosystem across gaming, commercial, and productivity segments.
Here in the Partner Experiences team, our goal is to achieve significant long-lasting business impact by providing our partners a unified platform to connect and work with Microsoft to bolster their trade.
On our team, you will be helping to build the next generation of our Modern Partner Incentives Platform that drives billion-dollar programs used by a global network of companies like Dell, HP, and many other fortune 500 companies.
We have multiple opportunities at every layer of the technology stack, ranging from customer-focused user experience work, building scalable distributed cloud services, working with big data, machine learning, and everything in between.
We are looking to hire a talented Software Engineer to help us deliver services and experiences for empowering Microsoft’s developer and partner ecosystem to be successful. You will collaborate with team members and partners to build full stack web applications using latest web technologies in a dynamic and agile environment, and have opportunities for mentorship, career growth, and work on high-business impact areas.
Successful candidates will exhibit various attributes which will enhance their ability to succeed in this position:
Collaboration - As most development is about working with others, both within an immediate team, as well as across business units and portions of the company, an ability to collaborate effectively is a core competency to have.
Customer Focus - A focus on delivering customer value, and being able to directly tie engineering decisions and actions to that value is a huge plus for successful engineers at any level.
Drive For Results - Being able to drive for results, not merely finding the boundary of your responsibility, but following a problem through to its conclusion, to solve it once and for all, is a skill and ability which a successful engineer should exhibit.
Technical Excellence - Core to being a software engineer is of course technical excellence. This is not merely knowing the latest and greatest language developments, but demonstrating a passion for technology, a curiosity to ‘go deep’, and an ability to quickly learn and build upon past experiences, to be able to extrapolate from those experiences, and deliver innovations. Technical excellence is rooted in having a strong demonstrable aptitude for problem solving.
If this sounds like you, please apply. We can’t wait to meet you!
- Work across multiple teams as a technical lead to understand technical problems and come up with solutions
- Design and build reliable, highly available and scalable web services using Azure technologies
- Conduct design reviews, review code to ensure testability and enforce best practices
- Collaborate cross team and cross discipline to plan and execute on key deliverables effectively
- Work in a culture of continuous improvement, adaptation, reflection and growth
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
A successful candidate is a strong developer with:
- Know-how and Can-do attitude.
- BS+ in computer science or related field.
- 12+ years in software design and shipping multiple products.
- Strong experience with web service technologies, and distributed computing.
- Ability and drive to learn new technologies quickly and dive deep into existing codebases.
- Strong computer science fundamentals and proven algorithm design capability.
- Proven experience in solving complex technical problems and working cross team on design and integration.
- Strong communication skills, ability to work effectively across teams and disciplines.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.