|Job Type:||Full Time|
Xbox Studios Quality is looking for a passionate, systems thinking, experienced individual to lead a project Quality Team. You’re a people first, proactive long term thinker, who strives to drive improvements into the people, processes, technologies, and foster a quality mindset for your team and studio partner.
You’ll be leading the effort to improve process efficiency and better detect, measure, and prevent issues/bugs from making it into the game titles you support. This you’ll do by communicating the state of quality, and any risks, back to the product stakeholders for both a released title and titles currently in development. Simultaneously, you’ll be a strong contributor at the studio project leadership level, making key decisions that will impact and influence the user experiences, including design, content creation, development, service implementation, marketing, community messaging, deployment, and support. This will leverage your strong advocacy, communication, influential and strategic thinking skills.
At the core you’ll be responsible for owning and iterating the comprehensive quality strategy for the product and team, shaping the work of multiple disciplines, including Quality Analysts, Data Engineers, Software Engineers, and Quality Engineers. You’ll leverage data and risk analysis to course correct and adjust the team’s direction, using information generated by players, examining code churn, monitoring historical trends for insight, and guide the team and our technology to create the right impact at the right time.
As you’ll be part of the greater Studios Quality team, you’ll learn from both failures and successes to both grow your team as well as share your experiences with the broader Studios Quality organization, allowing all of Xbox Studios to benefit from the lessons learned on your title.
- Drive the “end to end” quality and test strategy for a large, complex title that releases quickly and regularly
- Leverage both hard metrics and qualitative user impact assessments to determine and advise on the quality of the product
- Lead and grow an inclusive team of diverse individuals through recruiting, coaching, and teaching
- Take successes and failures and proactively share them with the broader Studios Quality organization, driving up the capabilities of the larger team
- Build strong, lasting relationships across disciplines and organizational boundaries, including engineering, production, art, design, community, operations, and business development
- Help build and foster a Quality mindset
We need someone who:
- Is passionate about games and the players who play them
- Enjoys mentoring and growing a team
- Has a joy of learning, growing, and finding new ways to solve problems
- Takes initiative, is self-directed, and drives issues to conclusion
- Has an open mindset and strives for win-win outcomes
- Experience leading a test or quality team through multiple “end to end” ship cycles, preferably in games or entertainment
- History of leveraging and implementing technological solutions that increase the team’s ability to impact
- Established track record of representing and pushing for the player and your customers, both internal customers such as engineering, finance, or ops, and those that pick up our games and play them
- Proven history of using data, statistics, telemetry systems, etc., to inform and generate discussions and make decisions and evaluations regarding product quality
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication capabilities, able to work across time zones, regions, cultures, disciplines, and personalities
Bonus experience includes
- Experience with “Free to play” digital entertainment
- Multiplatform support and releases
- Services interoperability experience
- Experience with mobile devices and marketplaces
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.