|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
Samsara’s Industrial team operates as a startup within a startup and is designed to iterate extremely quickly to deliver new products for new customers across industries including manufacturing, food and beverage, energy, and utilities. We are building easy to manage, easy to deploy, massively scalable, internet-connected sensors to create real business outcomes for our customers: reduced maintenance costs, less downtime, increased efficiency, higher throughput, and better customer service.
This is a unique opportunity to join a small team in a hyper-growth company and have an outsized impact across different aspects of the business. The Industrial team is small, moves fast, and will require you to wear many hats across product, design, and engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer focusing on full-stack at Samsara, you will architect the development of features across a broad surface area driving impact to current and future customers, interfacing closely with our Product and Design teams to help make choices and consider tradeoffs, while keeping the customer in mind. You’ll own and coordinate solving engineering challenges ranging from architecting data structures for mass data collection to presenting data analysis in intuitive and performant ways on web and mobile. At the same time, you’ll mentor other engineers technically and be a role model in their career development.
We use Golang for our backend, Typescript and React for our web client, GraphQL to fetch data from our backend, and React Native for our mobile app. Direct experience with these technologies is not required.
In this role, you will:
- Live visualizing the status of thousands of gateways concurrently on country-scale maps
- Real time alerting system that quickly notifies users of potential real world problems with their equipment
- State of the art control platform to help users automate responses to common issues that arise onsite
- Building a platform where customers can visualize their data across multiple similar and diverse sites
- Creating a large scale reporting engine, where customers can aggregate and compare data across their deployment
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- Have 4+ years building or working on production applications
- Have made key contributions to efforts that drive significant value to their customers
- Have strong technical communication
- Enjoy seeking out and solving hard problems
- Have experience mentoring other engineers
- Comfortable interacting and collaborating with other teams
- Enjoy understanding our users, and shipping high quality features that make their day to day processes easier
- Seek to iterate on new products based on customer feedback
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.