|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft's Hardware teams ship tens of millions of hardware products every year, including the Xbox hardware, Surface, HoloLens, and accessories and much more. And better yet? Microsoft's Hardware teams are growing!
Do you want to work on a meaningful and impactful project and make a difference? Are you willing to learn from others and open to new ideas? Do you want to support others to succeed and operate in a highly-collaborative and global environment? If this sounds like you, Microsoft would like to invite you to come join us as you are, where you can find more than just a job. Read on to learn more about opportunities and apply online!
Applications to this opportunity are considered for all available Hardware Engineering roles including the one described below, depending on education level and/or location. To be considered for an internship, you should be currently pursuing a PhD degree with a minimum of one quarter, semester or term to complete after finishing an internship.
You’ll be working with progressive, motivated, diverse, and exceptionally creative people to design and manufacture some of the most popular entertainment and PC peripheral devices in the world. We have jobs in a wide range of areas, from product architecture through implementation, verification, and manufacturing. These opportunities represent a variety of disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, optical, silicon and low-level software for Hardware engineering. Our teams incubate advanced technologies, including new PC form factors, input devices, and hand-held consumer devices, and build deep partnerships with Microsoft Research, Product Planning and Marketing. We're looking for the best and brightest to join us in designing for the future!
- Currently in the process of obtaining their PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineer, mechanical engineering or related field with a minimum of one quarter, semester or term to complete after finishing an internship.
- A year or two of internship or classroom experience in product development preferred.
- Excellent debugging skills and drive to develop innovative hardware.
- Ability to quickly understand, contribute to and improve the hardware solutions we develop.
- Ability to drive collaborative efforts effectively across multiple disciplines.
- Ability to think strategically, be creative and innovate ways to communicate and visualize user experiences.
- Results-driven with a strong attention to detail and technical problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze hardware and firmware designs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of embedded programming and C/C++/C# concepts is preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.